- 05-Mar-2017 to 04-May-2017
- - American Legion Auxiliary National Headquarters
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- outstanding benefits
For nearly a century, the American Legion Auxiliary has been serving, helping, and meeting the needs of our nation's veterans, military, and their families' both here and abroad. As the world's largest women's patriotic service organization, the American Legion Auxiliary National Headquarters is seeking a full time IT Specialist to assist with the IT needs of the organization.
The ALA National headquarters staff helps support the world's largest women's patriotic service organization of 800,000 members serving veterans, their families and their communities.
• Manages on-line training system (Learning Management System-LMS); assists presenters with technical issues; maintains inventory of training materials
• First responder for internal IT issues; trainer for staff and volunteers with technical issues
• Maintains computer, printer and software inventory
• Prepares national leadership directory (Redbook) and updates/keeps current on website
• Manages select Informz projects to include mailings, responding to inquiries, unsubscribing members, and maintaining accurate lists, editing/updating as appropriate
• Manages projects for ALAMIS web development, interface, etc.; may coordinate with ALANHQ webmaster to manage projects with website vendor for NHQ website; backup content editor on Ektron for NHQ website
• Manages on-line applications process for some 200 annual national appointments
• Coordinates purchasing, purchase orders, and check requests as requested; assists with IT budgeting
• Monitors data integrity and manages data clean up; assists with file management
• Backup to Help Desk to include handling dues payments via telephone
• Assists with Strategic Planning projects as assigned
• Performs all other duties as requested
• Strong knowledge of MACs, PCs, Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
• Experience in educating and training end users in a virtual environment; experience with technology training for various user levels
• Basic knowledge of networks, computers, and phone systems; understanding of printers and printer environments
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, challenging and confidential situations; position requires consistent demonstration of tact and diplomacy, interacting with internal and external IT user base, many lacking in computer proficiencies
• Experience managing IT projects
• Ability and drive to learn new technologies
• Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems; must be a conceptual thinker with strong future orientation
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing IT tasks, demands, and projects
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; a self-starter who can manage simultaneous projects and tasks
• Ability to seek out new methods and principles and willingness to incorporate them into existing activities/practices
1. Minimum education and experience:
a. Two-year college or university degree in a relevant IT field of study supplemented by three years of related work experience; or
b. Four-year college or university degree with concentration in a relevant IT field plus one year of related work experience; or
c. Any equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
2. Related work experience must be functional IT work experience that gives the employee the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work of this position.
3. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.