- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Join our high-energy team serving the Indianapolis children who need us most!
Our Foundation Giving Manager will work with the Director of Development & Marketing to identify, apply, receive, manage, and report on grants from foundations, corporations, and agencies to strengthen and advance the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis. Qualifications include a Bachelor's Degree in nonprofit management, communications, English, or related filed required with demonstrated professional development in grants administration. Three to five years' experience in nonprofit program management and grants administration is preferred.
To identify, apply, receive, manage, and report on grants from foundations and agencies to strengthen and advance the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis.
• Achieve resource development goals of BGCI
• Secure new, renewed or increased funding from foundations
• Meet program goals
• Assure accurate and timely tracking and reporting of all grant activity
• Build and maintain positive relationships with funders and community stakeholders
• Identify opportunities for community collaboration and partnership to further BGCI mission
Duties and responsibilities
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Writes and submits appropriate foundation grant proposals and applications; develops and submits grant reports; manages pre- and post-award funding from grants; works with Director of Program Measurement & Evaluation to collect and report program outcomes; researches potential funding prospects; builds and maintains relationships with funders and community stakeholders; identifies opportunities for community collaborations and partnerships. In addition, this position provides necessary support for all resource development endeavors including special events.
• Bachelor's Degree in nonprofit management, communication, English or related field required, with demonstrated professional development in grants administration.
• 3-5 years experience in nonprofit or program management and grants administration, with demonstrated success in meeting goals.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Superior time management skills
• Ability to utilize agency and program data to craft persuasive arguments
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Aptitude for research and data analysis
• Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Budgeting experience
• Enthusiasm for mission and knowledge of agency and its programs
• Knowledge and awareness of the corporate and nonprofit sectors in Indianapolis
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What is your experience in grant writing?
2. Tell us about a grant that you wrote solely and was funded?
3. What transferable skills do you have from your previous positions to this grant writing position?
4. How do you approach research for a grant?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to LaNisha Clark.