- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Hendricks County, IN, USA
- Part Time
Family Promise of Hendricks County serves homeless children and their families experiencing the crisis of homelessness by providing temporary shelter and assistance securing sustainable housing. Family Promise is committed to helping homeless and low income families achieve sustainable independence. Family Promise is a collaborative community effort with churches and other organizations providing shelter, meals and additional support for homeless families.
Family Promise of Hendricks County is seeking a Case Manager for our Resource Center. Our families need a Case Manager committed to ending systematic and situational homelessness - to advocate, support and encourage as they guide these families toward stability. This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week.
• Interview prospective families on the telephone and in person.
• Develop an individual, written case plan for each FPHC family with goals, a plan for action, and a timeline. Conducts a weekly meeting, with regular follow-up, with each guest family to review case plan and track progress, provide guidance and referrals to resources.
• Coordinate care with partner social service agencies that address specific needs as outlined in each family's case plan. Maintains knowledge of community resources for housing employment and other needed services. Maintains relationships with staff from other social services agencies.
• Develop and implement in-house programming for parents and children.
• Supervise families to ensure compliance with program guidelines and takes disciplinary action when necessary. Direct families in daily Resource Center responsibilities.
• Share in the operational tasks of the Resource Center, i.e., opening and closing, telephone coverage, etc.
• Provide occasional transportation of families with Family Promise van.
• Provide on-call after hours and/or weekend coverage, as necessary.
• Represent Family Promise at meetings and events, when requested.
• Experience in direct service related to shelter, housing, or family services required.
• Bachelor's degree with major course work in the areas of social work, psychology, or a related human service field.
• Knowledge of Hendricks County community resources.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team.
• Must maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
• Professional and able to maintain professional boundaries, while exhibiting empathy and care to the residents.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter.