- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - Girls Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Girls Inc. is a voice for girls in the Greater Indianapolis community. The Grants and Public Relations Manager position is integral to raising funds and awareness, so that Girls Inc. can reach nearly 4,000 girls every year.
Girls Inc. is a voice for girls in the Greater Indianapolis community. We inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold through hands-on programs that address the challenges girls face today. The Grants and Public Relations Manager position is integral to raising funds and awareness, so that Girls Inc. can reach nearly 4,000 girls every year. The grants and public relations manager will raise funds through foundation, corporate and government grant support, as well as raise awareness for Girls Inc. through planning and implementation of organizational communications, public and media strategies.
• Manage the organization's grants processes, including coordinating the preparation and submission of grant proposals (foundation, corporate/organization, and government) and the completion of other tasks pertaining to the grant seeking process by deadline;
• Coordinate schedules for timely submission of all grant proposals, reports, necessary follow-up tasks and stewardship;
• Oversee communications/collaboration with Program and Volunteer department staff to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of grant applications and reports;
• Utilize significant attention to detail in ensuring successful completion of thorough and accurate proposals and reports;
• Oversee grant/funder prospect research, identify and research grant sources that will support the goals and mission of the agency;
• Maintain a calendar for submissions, reporting, and stewardship;
• Support other departments in identifying needs and planning services that necessitate grant funding;
• Utilize fundraising database software to maintain accurate and complete records.
Public & Media Relations
• Plan and implement comprehensive communications campaigns to enhance the organization's visibility and effectiveness;
• Coordinate content development and manage distribution of online and print media including website, newsletters, blog, social networking sites, and other electronic communications;
• Align content and timing of organization's online communications with its public relations goals;
• Convene cross-departmental teams for continuous improvement to organization's online presence, including conducting trainings for employees as needed;
• Organize and maintain photo, video, and story archive;
• Keep abreast of local and national news related to girl- and youth-development;
• Maintain ongoing position statements and speaking points related to Girls Inc. programs;
• Initiate updates of organization's public relations policies and online media kit;
• Vet media and public information requests;
• Assist with writing and distribution of press releases;
• Manage all marketing and promotions related to special events;
• Supervise part-time interns or volunteers, when applicable.
• Assist with and/or coordinate (as needed) the development, implementation, and maintenance of Development and Public Relations department systems (grant timelines, summaries, files, etc.);
• Assist with facilitation of corporate relationships as needed;
• Support the development and implementation of fundraising events if needed (including Touchstone Awards as needed)
• Complete data entry and filing tasks as needed;
• Assist with special projects as assigned;
• Practice responsible stewardship of Girls Inc.'s resources and contribute to a sustainable financial future;
• Support the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives;
• Attend staff and other collaborative meetings as pertinent to position;
• Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President of Development and Public Relations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated attention to detail and quality control in work projects;
• Ability to learn and effectively utilize identified computer software applications to accomplish tasks;
• Demonstrated ability to employ an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to nonprofit communications strategies;
• Demonstrated ability to interact with donor prospects and volunteers in a variety of settings and through a variety of media;
• Customer service, negotiation and networking skills to establish contacts and meet agency departmental outcomes;
• Experience working with diverse populations, be tactful, mature, and flexible;
• Ability to resolve conflict and problem solve with win-win solutions;
• Demonstrates professional ethics and integrity;
• Effective communicator, with the ability to adapt communication styles and messages to meet the needs of particular audiences;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required;
• Minimum of 2 years professional fundraising and development experience in the nonprofit sector including the grant management, and demonstrated experience in managing organizational social media and public relations in the nonprofit sector preferred;
• Experience using email marketing and CMS systems required;
• Professional experience in preparing grant proposals and reports;
• Intermediate knowledge of technology equipment and applications, along with an ability and willingness to learn as required for position.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.