- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - Indiana Family Health Council
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Family Health Council (IFHC), a private nonprofit organization, is seeking qualified candidates for a Communications and Outreach Coordinator . As a member of the IFHC team, this person is responsible for providing communication technical assistance to family planning clinics; working cooperatively with team members; developing and implementing a communications plan for IFHC; creating and delivering presentations tailored to given audiences.
Reports to the President/CEO.
The primary responsibilities of the Communication and Outreach Coordinator are to develop and deliver outreach activities to community health workers, public health professionals, media, and others interested in learning about the Indiana Family Health Council; and increase public awareness of Title X and IFHC through a variety of networks including print and oral communications.
• Bachelor's degree in Communication, public health, and/or marketing (Masters preferred).
• Advanced knowledge of public relations and communication processes.
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
• Experience in developing communications/PR plans
• Proven track record with developing external partnerships.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Incumbent will primarily work from an office setting. In state travel is a requirement. Potential out of state travel may occur up to 2 times per year.
• Experience with WordPress
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and implement an outreach plan.
• Develop and sustain relationships with IFHC Sub-Grantees, community agencies, counties, and other non-profits.
• Create and deliver presentations tailored to given audiences.
• Develop and coordinate an annual calendar of events including workshops, forums, classes, conferences, exhibits and special events to meet the needs of IFHC.
• Outreach to community to increase awareness of trainings and services.
• Increase IFHC's visibility and name recognition through a variety of media resources, including social media platforms.
• Update IFHC website based on events and changes required.
• Develop an annual reporting tool for the community.
• Oversee creation, distribution, and impact of all community education materials.
• Participate in the Information & Education Committee meetings.
• and monitoring reporting system.
• Works with Communications and Outreach Coordinator to report data annually.
• Increase the performance capacity of Sub-Grantees.
• Develops and writes grant proposals and budgets in coordination with President/CEO and CFO.
• Develop a training evaluation plan.
• Monitors timely data entry and progress reports of Sub-Grantee's and/or contractor's programming.
• Grant development and proposal writing.
• Develops goals, objectives, and strategies for use in existing and proposed programs in conjunction with President & CEO.
• Performs related work as necessary.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and written. Experience with creating content for websites and social media. Ability to provide communication technical assistance to family planning clinics. Work cooperatively with team members. Ability to self-start and self-motivate to develop and implement a communications plan for IFHC. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail required. Ability to travel as required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.