- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $10.00 hourly
(part-time, temporary internship, 20 hours weekly, May 20 – August 7, 2017)
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Backpack Attack Intern is responsible for the support and coordination of United Way of Central Indiana's Backpack Attack in Boone County. The intern will handle the logistics, communication needs, and documentation to ensure the collection and distribution of new school supplies to low income families at the BPA event on July 29, 2017.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Organize and manage all logistic aspects for Backpack Attack Event.
• Initiate and maintain positive relationships and communication with our community partners for Backpack Attack.
• Organize distribution and collection of school supply boxes.
• Maintain an accurate and efficient system using Excel to track monetary donations, grants, collected school supplies and expenses.
• Attend all committee meetings for Backpack Attack.
• Assist in organizing volunteers for Fill the Bus, sort/count and assemble dates in July.
• Plans and conducts public relations for the program, including press releases, flyer distribution and website updates.
• Assists committee members in soliciting donation of supplies and vendors for the event day.
• Assist the Area Director in fundraising for the program.
• Tracks project progress weekly against timeline of tasks developed by Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and Area Director.
• Conduct verbal and written post-event evaluation to determine success of event and recommendations for future planning.
• Create and mail post event thank you notes to community volunteers, community partners and financial donors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School graduation required. At least two years of completed college education preferred or current college student or recent graduate required.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online.