- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-Apr-2017
- - Indiana Connected By 25 Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 60-65K commensurate with experience
- Full Time
BThe Director of Advancement will lead all fundraising activity for Indiana Connected By 25. This newly-created position provides an opportunity for an experienced professional committed to develop a best-practice advancement program, to benefit Indiana youth.
Indiana Connected By 25 (INCBY25) was founded less than a decade ago and is already having a major impact on young people in the State of Indiana. Its mission is to ensure those aging out of foster care without permanent families are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 25. It now seeks to expand its impact and to do so will develop a "best practices" advancement program that raises substantial private gift support. The new position will be a member of the senior management team and will participate in high level discussions in areas such as strategic planning and budget decisions. INCBY25 anticipates building a strong and growing advancement program over the next 24-36 months which may allow it to plan and conduct a capital campaign in the future.
INCBY25 has a total annual operating budget of $2.75 million and a staff of 9 full time and 3 part-time persons. The board and CEO are committed to building a more diversified base of financial support for the future which will also create a wider base of informed and engaged advocates and friends for the organization.
The Director of Advancement is responsible for all fundraising activity for the organization and will promptly create a written advancement operations plan, based upon best practices, and then lead the execution of that plan. In doing so, the Director will be expected to both lead by example in engaging, cultivating and soliciting private gifts but also will help to guide and support actions by the CEO and board members as they engage in donor contact. The advancement plan will include creation and maintenance of a donor database, identification of prospective donors, opportunities for personal and group interactions with prospective donors, a complete annual schedule of tasks and objectives, resources and means of measuring results and improving it each year thereafter.
The Director will:
1. Create a written advancement plan draft in the first 30 days, with guidance and support from advancement counsel and the CEO. This plan will be discussed and approved when ready by the board of directors.
2. As a part of the advancement plan, create an annual operational support campaign (likely featuring electronic and written appeals) that steadily builds the number of persons who make a gift to INCBY25.
3. Engage the CEO and selected board members in donor contact, both by accompanying them on donor visits and by helping to orient them to best practices in donor cultivation and solicitation.
4. Personally visit, cultivate, and solicit gifts from individual, foundation, and corporate donors. This is a key element of the position and will help to serve as an example of the way that fundraising can spread the word about the work and mission of INCBY25 and also demonstrate the quiet but powerful influence gifting by others can have.
5. Assist in creation of proposals for support to be submitted to organizations or persons who request them as a part of the solicitation process.
6. Implement a simple and effective donor database and ensure that it is kept up to date.
7. Oversee donor acknowledgement and stewardship.
8. Keep and provide regular updates on gifting statistics for INCBY25 so that it learns from experience and can improve its advancement program from the beginning.
The successful candidate will have a college degree and three to five years of experience in fundraising, notably with a record of solicitation. They will possess effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to educate and orient the staff and board regarding advancement. It is essential that they be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. CFRE certification is an asset.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume, or mail to: Brent Kent, Chief Executive Officer, Indiana Connected by 25, 2625 North Meridian St., Ste. 48, Indianapolis, IN 46208.