- 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Art With A Heart
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $15-$25/hr based on skills, experience and perceived fit for the position
- Part Time
- There are no benefits.
The Development Associate is a part-time non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. The position allows for 15-20 hours a week through August 2017 with the goal of moving to full time at the earliest opportunity.
Art With a Heart is an independent non-profit organization seeking to increase equity in education. We are champions for the role of art in and out of school. We have programs for Pre-K through 8th grade and our clients are youth-serving organizations from schools to neighborhood centers, camp organizers and churches. Our office culture is much like a family, we are a group of highly trained, highly motivated people who delight in bringing innovative, high quality programming to our students. Most positions require a bachelors degree in order to operate effectively in the job and the team.
Working with the Executive Director, the Development Associate will plan and execute the recruitment and retention of individual and corporate donors to include:
1. Participate in the creation of a Fundraising Plan for each fiscal year
2. Provide input on goals and objectives for contributed income
3. Execute the plan including:
a. Donor prospect research and identification.
b. Communication with current and prospective donors.
c. Develop and maintain relationships with strategic and major donors.
d. Maintain donor records.
e. Develop and implement a donor recognition program to increase retention.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General/Special Knowledge and Skills:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate
• A highly engaging personality with tact, empathy and the ability to listen effectively.
• Outstanding communication skills both written and oral.
• A relentless desire to develop and deepen relationships.
• The ability to interpret the work of the organization into compelling messages.
• A structured approach to managing work.
• A reasoned choice of methods to increase contributed revenue by a minimum of $75,000 over 18 months.
May occasionally supervise volunteers working in support of the development effort.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force regularly and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Occasional instances require kneeling, crouching, reaching. Normal conditions will require regular standing, walking, typing, talking, and hearing.
Work requires close visual acuity to prepare reports, correspondence, view computer monitor, and read printed material of varying font sizes.
Work is performed in the Indianapolis area. Reliable vehicle required with provisions for safe travel and breakdown. Employees are advised to have 'work use' coverage on their automobile insurance. Temperature conditions may vary from season to season within the building, not all client locations will have air conditioning.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Highly Desired: Experience in a sales, development or other position that resulted in PROVEN revenue growth of at least $50,000 annually.
Desired: Experience in or understanding of an education environment.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Have you raised money before? (Yes/no)
2. If no, what makes you think you can raise $50,000 or more a year in contributions?
3. Are you an active networker?
4. Explain how you deal with rejection in a sales situation
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.