- 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Art With A Heart
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
- There are no benefits.
The Volunteer Team Leader is a part-time non-exempt position requiring at least 10 and up to 20 hours per week. 15-20 hours a week is the expected average.
Under the direction of the Director of Early Childhood Programs, the Volunteer Team Leader performs or oversees the following functions:
1. Recruitment and retention of all AWaH volunteers
2. Communication with current and prospective volunteers
3. Develop and maintain relationships with volunteer partner organizations
4. Maintain volunteer records
5. Develop and implement a volunteer recognition program to increase retention
Art With a Heart is an independent non-profit organization seeking to increase equity in education. We are champions for the role of art in and out of school. We have programs for Pre-K through 8th grade and our clients are youth-serving organizations from schools to neighborhood centers, camp organizers and churches. Our office culture is much like a family, we are a group of highly trained, highly motivated people who delight in bringing innovative, high quality programming to our students. Most positions require a bachelors degree in order to operate effectively in the job and the team.
• Check emails and voicemails to identify issues that arise. Take ownership of those issues and resolve them as quickly as possible delegating to program staff and maintaining contact to ensure satisfactory completion if necessary.
• Respond to all volunteer communication within 24 hours
• Meet with ED and program staff to review priorities and outstanding actions
• Meet with all volunteer team members and ensure all aspects of volunteer recruitment and management are on agreed schedules.
• Update volunteer opportunities and any related messaging on the website.
• Identify volunteers and staff with birthdays. Write cards and mail the week of each birthday. Ensure social media content is created and posted on the day of each birthday (core staff only, not volunteers).
• Ensure that a volunteer of the month is selected, interviewed and that social media content is posted
• Review performance – volunteer resolution times, # volunteers in the system, #open positions and #volunteers with no assignments
Other (to be addressed when Daily, Weekly, Monthly tasks are all taken care of)
• Assist program staff with volunteer training as needed.
• Develop a volunteer recognition program that awards and recognizes consistent and/or extended service.
• Improve the quality of volunteer training and support – identify ideas and projects and work with the ED and program staff to determine priorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General/Special Knowledge and Skills:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Familiarity with volunteer management software
• A structured approach to managing work
• The characteristics of an effective team member
Occasionally supervise volunteers. This position is responsible for recruitment and retention, not supervision.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force regularly and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Occasional instances require kneeling, crouching, reaching. Normal conditions will require regular standing, walking, typing, talking, and hearing.
Work requires close visual acuity to prepare reports, correspondence, view computer monitor, and read printed material of varying font sizes.
Work is performed in the Indianapolis area. Reliable vehicle required with provisions for safe travel and breakdown. Employees are advised to have 'work use' coverage on their automobile insurance. Temperature conditions may vary from season to season within the building, not all client locations will have air conditioning.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Required: At least one year of experience managing volunteers.
Desired: Experience in an education environment
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Have you managed volunteers in a previous position?
2. Describe a position or experience that demonstrates your skills dealing with people over the phone
3. Describe how you manage your work
4. Describe a situation that demonstrates your grace under pressure
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.