- 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Art With A Heart
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
- There are no benefits.
The Program Support Assistant is a part-time non-exempt position requiring at least 10 and up to 30 hours per week. 15-20 hours a week is the expected average.
Under the direction of the Director of Out-of-School Time Programs, the Program Support Assistant performs the following functions:
1. Assistance in developing curriculum for programs
2. Administrative support for the Director of Out-of-School Time Programs
3. Materials preparation and management
4. Serve as a substitute teacher for OOST programs
Art With a Heart is an independent non-profit organization seeking to increase equity in education. We are champions for the role of art in and out of school. We have programs for Pre-K through 8th grade and our clients are youth-serving organizations from schools to neighborhood centers, camp organizers and churches. Our office culture is much like a family, we are a group of highly trained, highly motivated people who delight in bringing innovative, high quality programming to our students. Most positions require a bachelors degree in order to operate effectively in the job and the team.
Curriculum Development Support
• Generate ideas to present to Director of Out-of-School Time Programs for curriculum
• Creation of draft lesson plans for various curricula including summer, afterschool, library programs, and any special projects
• Program Quality Management – assist the Director of Out-of-School Time Programs in visiting and communicating with program instructors to ensure that programs are being delivered effectively and required feedback is being submitted (attendance, weekly reflections, timesheets etc.) in a timely manner.
• Assist in development and implementation of program procedures
Materials Preparation and Management
• Work with volunteer manager to schedule and manage volunteer groups to assist with materials preparation
• Keep the studio tidy
• Assist with ordering and packing of materials for summer, afterschool, library and other programs
• May be required to teach in our studio programs: Afterschool, Saturdays and/or Summer
• Substitute for program instructors as needed and where possible
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General/Special Knowledge and Skills:
Candidates should be
• Demonstrate experience creating curriculum that meets AWaH standards
• Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
• Detail oriented with strong retention/recall
• Able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Occasionally supervise volunteers
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force regularly and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Occasional instances require kneeling, crouching, reaching. Normal conditions will require regular standing, walking, typing, talking, and hearing.
Work requires close visual acuity to prepare reports, correspondence, view computer monitor, and read printed material of varying font sizes.
Work is performed in the Indianapolis area. Reliable vehicle required with provisions for safe travel and breakdown. Employees are advised to have 'work use' coverage on their automobile insurance. Temperature conditions may vary from season to season within the building, not all client locations will have air conditioning.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Art Education, Fine Art (with at least 3 years art teaching experience), Elementary Education, or a closely related area.
Required: At least 3 years of related experience with strong classroom management.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Do you have an Art Education degree?
2. Have you spent at least one year teaching art in a school?
3. Have you written your own curriculum/lessons?
4. Describe your approach to classroom management
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.