- 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Indiana, IN, USA
- $42,000 - $47,500
- Full Time
The Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for managing the day to day operations at National Headquarters as well as supporting a variety of Foundation-sponsored programs. Sigma Kappa Foundation's Mission is to develop and fund leadership, scholarship and philanthropic initiatives that reflect the values and spirit of our sorority.
For more than 50 years, the Foundation has supported the Sorority. With a unity of purpose, our Foundation has played and continues to play a crucial role in the growth and success of Sigma Kappa, providing the lifeblood of financial resources to keep our sorority vital and healthy. Since 1989, more than $1 million has been granted to the Sorority for educational and leadership programming, and nearly $900,000 in scholarships has been awarded to Sigma Kappa members.
• Oversee management and maintenance of office systems including gift entry, processing and acknowledgement.
• Supervise donor services coordinator position.
• Manage relationships with chapters concerning the execution of fundraising events associated with the Ultra Violet Campaign.
• Maintain current knowledge on best practices of fundraising, specifically as it relates to online fundraising, use of technology in fundraising and data entry procedures.
• Supports donor relations program, including signing donor acknowledgement cards.
• Implements the chapter grant program for the 1874 Giving Circle.
• Coordinates Foundation communications related to Ultra Violet events, scholarships and other programs as needed.
• Administers Standards of Excellence and awards recognition program for the Foundation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business, communication, non-profit management, public relations, or related field.
• 2-3 years related experience and/or training with a non-profit organization.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Project-oriented with strong organizational, planning and time-management skills capable of effectively managing multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
• Proven aptitude with technology and experience in data management and online communications; Proficient in a Windows environment, particularly using Word, PowerPoint, Office 365 and Excel. Experience with an iMIS database a plus.
• Excellent written, oral and telephone communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form, read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence.
• Work cooperatively with a remote team setting and maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with co-workers and others within the office.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.