- 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Brooke's Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Brooke's Place is Central Indiana's only on-going, peer based support group program for children grieving the loss of a loved one. We are seeking a part-time Marketing and Development Coordinator who will report to the Executive Director. Specific responsibilities include coordinating ongoing fundraising programs and special events; cultivating and stewarding relationships with sponsors, corporations, and donors, as well as contributing to public relations and overall communication efforts. The Marketing and Development Coordinator will manage the annual giving efforts for the organization, in addition to selected special events. The Marketing and Development Coordinator also has a key role in outreach and communications efforts, developing strategies and content for the Brooke's Place website, media relations, social media, some print marketing collateral, and the quarterly electronic newsletter.
Specific Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop engaging stories about Brooke's Place donors, volunteers and direct service clients for the organizations website, e-newsletters, media pitches and other channels
• Collaborate with key staff to develop blogs and articles on their area of expertise
• Assist the social media effort by supplying and implementing engaging content for a variety of stories and events
• Along with the Executive Director, coordinate event logistics and recruit participants and sponsors related to Walking for Dreams, Legacy of Hope Breakfast, the Golf Tournament, and other fundraising opportunities that become available.
• Research and recruit third-party event supporters and donors for Brooke's Place.
Position Requirements – 20 hours per week; flexible hours available
The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree Required, preferably in a communications/public relations or marketing field.
• Minimum of two years' experience in nonprofit work, fundraising, communications, and/or volunteer or events management
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
• Good judgement and discretion
• High level of comfort with business technology and software, including Microsoft Office, as well as Web design concepts and tools
• Ability to read and understand financial documents
• Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to cooperate with colleagues to meet changing needs and priorities
• Must have a valid driver's license and personal transportation
Click the APPLY utton to submit cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.