- 01-Apr-2017 to 01-May-2017
- - Indiana War Memorial Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Indiana War Memorial Foundation, Inc. supports the Indiana War Memorial Historic District by providing financial support and increasing community awareness of the Indiana War Memorials. The Foundation is seeking its first executive director to increase the Foundation's fundraising capacity and provide marketing support to the Historic District. Initially, this is a part time position, reporting directly to the Foundation President. This person may frequently serve as the representative of the Foundation, raising community awareness, promoting public support, and fostering corporate and Foundation relations.
This part time position reports directly to the Foundation President to achieve the Foundation's long term and annual objectives in the areas of fundraising and community awareness. This person serves as the representative of the Foundation in building community relations in order to achieve the Foundation's goals.
1) Develop a strategic fundraising plan for the Foundation
2) Provide staff leadership for all fundraising efforts including: annual campaign, capital campaign and endowment development
3) Meet regularly and consistently with community leaders and potential donors to tell the story of the Foundation and secure their support
4) Develop meaningful community partnerships with companies, foundations, civic organizations and not for profits
5) Develop and implement plans to improve awareness of the Indiana War Memorials and the Foundation
6) Work with Indiana War Memorials Commission to oversee grant-funded activities and grant budgets
Through accomplishment of annual goals as assigned by the Board
1) A proven track record of executive success in a results driven not for profit
2) Continuously successful fundraising experience over many years
3) A proven capacity to manage and understand not for profit budgets and accounting
4) Demonstrated strength in working with a board of directors
5) Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to successfully articulate the vision, mission and outcomes of the foundation
6) A wide network of positive relationships with community leaders and able to leverage those relationships to help the foundation achieve its goals
7) Proven ability to work with a board of directors to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan
8) Organized, self-disciplined, able to set priorities, strong attention to detail
9) Successful grant writing experience
10) Good character with the highest ethical standards
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experience or qualities do you believe make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. Share a couple of experiences from a fundraising campaign effort you have been involved with. What was your greatest success? What would you change the next time?
3. Describe a situation where you significantly raised public awareness of an organization. How did it positively impact the organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit Cover Letter, Response to Candidate Questions and Resume.