- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-May-2017
- - Prosperity Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage, Child Care Assistance, Training, Relocation
Prosperity Indiana is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA to build the capacity of the Indiana Assets & Opportunity Network. The position would start in June 2017, and the service term is 12 months.
The Assets & Opportunity VISTA will help build the capacity of the Indiana Assets & Opportunity Network, which is staffed by Prosperity Indiana. The Network VISTA will assess programmatic needs, create data collection systems, seek ways to secure resources, help establish new programs, utilize technology to advance the Network's mission, goals and infrastructure, and develop materials to tell the Network's story. For more information about this opportunity, see the "Assets & Opportunity Network" listing on the AmeriCorps Program website or visit the Prosperity Indiana blog: www.prosperityindiana.org/Blog and search for "VISTA".
Organization and Network Overview:
Prosperity Indiana supports a network of organizations – community-based nonprofits, governments and private enterprises – and individuals that builds vital communities and resilient families. We advocate for public policies and assist the network in developing comprehensive solutions that engage local leadership to generate private and public investment. Prosperity Indiana provides capacity, financial resources, expertise, and connections that make community development work in Indiana and create "adaptive prosperity".
The A&O Network has as its mission to increase asset acquisition for low-wealth Hoosiers and to strengthen local economies through policy advocacy and capacity building in partnership with local organizations and coalitions. Asset building refers to increasing financial and tangible assets, focusing on long-term development of individuals, families and communities. Established in 2014, the Network is expanding opportunities and knowledge around financial capability, asset-building and fighting predatory practices.
The Assets & Opportunity VISTA will:
· Research current events, advancements and issues in the asset-building field
· Develop reports of Network activities and asset-building challenges and best practices that are distributed to members
· Create Network content on asset-building topics for online publication
· Develop tools and trainings, including webinars, to advance understanding around asset-building
· Help improve system for data collection for Your Money, Your Goals Training Program and associated collateral
· Identify resources to sustain the Network and any new programs
· Assist the Network as it seeks to expand priority areas into full-fledged enduring programs
Candidates must possess organizational and leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and work independently and as a team player. They should bring a focus on metrics and data-driven decision making and preferably have experience with research methods, tool design and validation. Understanding community economic development and nonprofits are also relevant.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.