- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-May-2017
- - Prosperity Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage, Child Care Assistance, Training, Relocation
Prosperity Indiana is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA to build the organization's capacity to achieve its strategic plan goals. The position would start in June 2017, and the service term is 12 months.
The Nonprofit Impact VISTA will help accomplish Prosperity Indiana's strategic plan goals around building an outcomes platform, creating an institute for comprehensive community development, raising capital to support member projects and expanding membership. For more information about this opportunity, see the "Nonprofit Impact" listing on the AmeriCorps Program website or visit the Prosperity Indiana blog: www.prosperityindiana.org/Blog and search for "VISTA".
Prosperity Indiana supports a network of organizations – community-based nonprofits, governments and private enterprises – and individuals that builds vital communities and resilient families. We advocate for public policies and assist the network in developing comprehensive solutions that engage local leadership to generate private and public investment. Prosperity Indiana provides capacity, financial resources, expertise, and connections that make community development work in Indiana and create "adaptive prosperity".
The Nonprofit Impact VISTA will:
· Oversee the development and implementation of an outcomes platform to collect and analyze standardized data points across the Prosperity Indiana membership
· Convene task force members focused on developing the outcomes platform
· Secure commitment from 100 nonprofit member organizations to participate in the reporting process
· Establish data sets, tools and processes for data collection and reporting outcome information
· Collect and tell stories of members related to community impact resulting from performance measurement, evaluation and performance management
· Facilitate the development of an institute (laboratory) that redesigns/consolidates Prosperity Indiana's capacity building infrastructure
· Assist in procurement of resources to support the new institute's learning model and provide leverage for member projects
· Market the institute to new and existing stakeholders
· Establish engagement and tracking systems for interactions with institute participants
Candidates must possess organizational and leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and work independently and as a team player. They should bring a focus on metrics and data-driven decision making and preferably have experience with research methods, tool design and validation. Candidates should have an understanding of communications strategies and storytelling to connect data with impact. A resource development background and understanding community economic development and nonprofits are also relevant.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.