- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-May-2017
- - Prosperity Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage, Child Care Assistance, Training, Relocation
Prosperity Indiana is seeking two AmeriCorps VISTAs to support the capacity needs of its member organizations statewide. The position would start in June 2017, and the service term is 12 months.
Part of the VISTA's role would also be to assess capacity gaps at member organizations and deploy capacity building services alongside members to bridge these gaps on short-term or project-based initiatives. Capacity Builder VISTAs will gain exposure to the broad field of community economic development in Indiana, while supporting member organizations' efforts to change or expand how they serve their constituents.
For more information about this opportunity, see the "Member Capacity Builder" listing on the AmeriCorps Program website or visit the Prosperity Indiana blog: www.prosperityindiana.org/Blog and search for "VISTA".
Prosperity Indiana supports a network of organizations – community-based nonprofits, governments and private enterprises – and individuals that builds vital communities and resilient families. We advocate for public policies and assist the network in developing comprehensive solutions that engage local leadership to generate private and public investment. Prosperity Indiana provides capacity, financial resources, expertise, and connections that make community development work in Indiana and create "adaptive prosperity".
The Member Capacity Builder VISTAs will:
· Travel around the state of Indiana to build capacity with Prosperity Indiana member organizations
· Establish a process to identify/select members who receive a Capacity Builder assignment
· Perform organizational/programmatic assessments to determine capacity needs of selected organizations
· Conduct research to inform the capacity building process and support selected members' work
· Provide information, training, support and coaching to improve organizational performance
· Identify technical assistance projects to be conducted by Prosperity Indiana staff
· Develop an evaluation process to determine success at project completion
· Brainstorm ways to improve Prosperity Indiana's capacity building offerings, based on member needs
· Identify and secure resources to support member capacity building
· Work in conjunction with Nonprofit Impact VISTA and A&O Network VISTA related to member capacity building efforts
Candidates must possess organizational and leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and work independently and as a team player. They should have an interest in asset-based assessments, creating processes and systems, and utilizing metrics to inform the delivery of outcomes. A resource development background and understanding community economic development and nonprofits are also relevant.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.