- 04-Apr-2017 to 02-May-2017
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This role works with the BIG app and is support for the program department with activities and general support.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
The Big App:
Manage Administration and Maintain and Grow Content
• Enter current Bigs into the Big App as requested
• Work with MSS to ensure new Bigs are using the Big App
• Add new content into the Big App on an ongoing basis ensuring variety of indicators and age
• Maintain sponsorship recognition
• Oversee Admin site
• Work with CPO as new agencies are brought into the Big App
Program Activities and Events:
Assist with/Lead Agency Match Activities
• Compile content and design for invitations, all program communications and materials, including MT101.
• Oversee ticket distribution and coordination.
• Create partner recognition.
• Assist and or lead match activities as assigned with a high level of customer service, including: invitation, registration, program materials, and follow up.
• Ensure on-going maintenance and creation of Big App activities
• Assist with the Discount Partner Program comprised of partners that offer ongoing discounts for matches.
Promote Agency Brand to all Constituents in Coordination with Brand & Communications Manager.
• Help design needed event flyers by inputting text into pre-made flyers.
• Coordinate E-news of Big Bulletin and mailing quarterly Parent Bulletin including: collection of information, creating and drafting content, and distributing newsletters on schedule.
• Manage and update program components of agency website; update Bigs only section and Program partner information, and program events in conjunction with Marketing as needed.
• Lead development of small video pieces that will attract volunteers, steward donors/funders, enhance retention efforts, and/or build awareness.
• Assist in coordination of agency award nominations.
• Assist in development of match stories
• Assist in streamlining external marketing materials for the Program department.
• Organize files on J drive for program staff; ensure proper labeling of photos, stories and files, and purging of out-of-date documents, files or corrupted photos.
• Coordinate all graduate communication and biographies for Celebrate Mentoring event.
Provide Program and Administrative Support to Program Team
• Provide program administrative support and work on special projects as needed and approved by CPO.
• Assist with activity and program evaluation.
• Assist with dissemination of program policy updates.
• Assist with Program Board Committees and Task Force Groups.
• Oversee the on-going background check process, ensuring full compliance
• Attend All-Staff and department meetings as scheduled.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Participation in continuing educations programs as requested.
• Previous work experience in an administrative support, event planning, graphic design, social media, marketing and/or communications preferred.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.