- 08-Apr-2017 to 03-May-2017
- - Chaucie’s Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This is a great time to join Chaucie's Place! Due to our consistent, strong growth, we are adding an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Who Should Apply
Please apply for this position if you:
• can work in an environment of honesty, respect and professionalism;
• are 100% professional, responsible and dependable;
• are detailed-oriented and take pride in the quality of your work;
• are a good communicator, with the written and spoken word;
• can work independently and are a self-motivator;
• are social media savvy;
• want to work with a team that has high standards for performance and integrity
• care about child welfare/child protection;
• are able to be small-organization-versatile...working on different tasks and responsibilities throughout the day.
• Prepare professional correspondence, presentations, various other reports & mailings; includes advanced word processing, mail merge projects and manual preparation of documents.
• Distribution of communications to supporters and volunteers.
• Create and manage social media postings for organization.
• Organize, track and maintain various spreadsheets, databases and files from a variety of sources.
• General office duties including answering the telephone, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining office supplies. Professional interaction with board members, supporters, volunteers and other office guests.
• Scan and electronically file documents.
• Assist with bulk projects as needed.
• Assist with agency errands and deliveries as needed.
• Assist with special events, including preparing materials, tracking registrations and auction items, as well as helping before, during, and after event.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 2 years in an Administrative Assistant/Office Administration role.
• Proven proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Database management experience.
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels within an organization.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines.
• Self-starter, deadline-driven individual who is technologically savvy with a strong attention to details.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with a cross section of the public, including the donor public, community groups, volunteer board and committees and staff.
• Ability to work occasional overtime during peak periods.
• Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, sit for long periods of time and the use of a desktop computer.
• Travel limited to local errands and deliveries.
Reporting Structure and Position Status
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. The average hours per week for this position are 40 and standard working hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
About Chaucie's Place
Chaucie's Place is a nonprofit child advocacy organization that focuses on child sexual abuse and youth suicide prevention with prevention and education programs for children, adults and school systems. The staff works passionately to ensure the welfare of children by offering evidence-based, high-quality prevention programs to end the cycle of abuse and ensure that children of central Indiana have the opportunity to live to their highest potential.
The community is very supportive of our prevention programs and signing up in record numbers. This is an opportunity to help a small nonprofit organization grow to become an even greater resource to the children and families in our community.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and references no later than May 3, or mail to: Chaucie's Place, 4607 E. 106th Street, Carmel, IN 46033.
No calls please.