- 08-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Executive Coordinator is a key role at BBBSCI. This individual provides executive support to the CEO, manages Board operations, oversees internal agency communication, and provides support to key agency partnerships and relationships.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
• Provide administrative support to CEO and Board of Directors.
• Manage correspondence, draft and edit written communication and documents, and communicate on behalf of the CEO as requested.
• Coordinate, prepare for, and manage documentation and follow-up for meetings of the CEO.
• Compile reports and other information as requested.
• Maintain accurate records for contacts.
• Create and maintain a paper and electronic filing system.
• Provide support to donor/partner relations.
• Maintain constituent and staff confidence by protecting confidentiality.
• Provide support to CEO for hiring, onboarding, and performance management of staff.
• Serve as a primary staff point person for Board in addition to CEO.
• Manage board communications, follow up, and information management.
• Coordinate board meeting preparation and execution.
• Provide staff support to Board committees as assigned.
• Establish and manage a standardized system for committee plans, rosters, agendas, minutes, and recordkeeping.
• Support board engagement efforts via execution and report on annual self-assessment, oversight of annual board engagement plans, etc.
• Establish and maintain annual board calendar.
• Provide support for other board-related work or projects.
• Manage and communicate agency wide calendar and communication.
• Plan and coordinate all-staff meetings, events, and retreats.
• Coordinate efforts to build a positive and aligned agency culture, specifically with staff.
• Coordinate recognition and appreciation efforts for staff, Board, and other key constituents.
• Oversee staff surveys/feedback and report on results.
• Serve as a staff liaison to the CEO.
Project Management & Partnership Support:
• Provide support for key agency partnerships, funders, and relationships such as the following: Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Indiana Big Brothers Big Sisters State Association, United Way of Central Indiana, United Way of Johnson County, and any other collaborations or relationships as directed by the CEO.
• Oversee completion of the BBBSA annual self-assessment.
• Provide support for the development of the agency's strategic and annual operating plans.
• Attend required meetings and events as scheduled.
• Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of BBBSCI to increase collaboration and reduce inefficiencies.
• Represent BBBSCI in a professional manner at all times, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituent and presenting a positive image of BBBSCI.
• Abide by BBBSCI policies and practices.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
High School completion required; prefer a Bachelor's degree with a focus in nonprofit management, communications, or organizational leadership. Previous work experience in administrative support, fundraising, organizational leadership or communications preferred. Ideal candidates possess excellent written and verbal communication; project management competency; initiative; ability to work under multiple deadlines; and poise under pressure. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software and experienced with or able to learn Raiser's Edge database. Successful candidates will be passionate about the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission, positive, reliable, adaptable, team-oriented, proactive, and highly skilled at building strong and enduring relationships.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.