- 08-Apr-2017 to 07-Jun-2017
- - IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy's marketing and communications team is seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our blogging team. This is a part time position Monday through Friday, approximately 20 hours/week, days and hours can vary. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, experience in blogging to achieve business goals, and an understanding of the philanthropic sector is preferable. The coordinator will be expected to sustain and develop the school's voice across all blog content. If you are great at telling stories, have a knack for knowing what others will find interesting and shareable, and you turn ideas into high-quality prose in a matter of minutes, then this position may be the opportunity for you.
• With input from the Marketing and Communications Team, create and manage a blog editorial content calendar (with plans to have approximately 3-5 posts/week)
• Responsible for assisting with content curation:
o Write original blog posts on a wide range of topics
o Interview faculty, students etc. to translate their research, internship experiences etc. into engaging stories suitable for a blog
o Provide feedback to other contributors, and edit other writers' content
• Generate brand awareness through content with an emphasis on thought leadership
• Be aware of breaking news in the philanthropic sector and react quickly to incorporate into our blog content
• B.A. in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similar degree is preferred
• Applicants should possess knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and organized
• Blogging experience
• Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus
• Must be a self-starter who is comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people
• Work Schedule: Approximately 20 hours/week, days and hours can vary
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter and two (blog preferable) writing samples.