- 08-Apr-2017 to 05-May-2017
- - Music for All, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for a paid internship with our Advancement Department. The Advancement Intern works under the direction of the Director of Advancement and is an important part of the Music for All team.
Music for All, Inc. is one of the nation's leading organizations in support of active music making. Founded in 1975, Music for All's mission is to create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. Our vision is to be a catalyst to ensure that every child across America has access and opportunity to participate in active music-making music making in his or her scholastic environment.
Music for All's internationally acclaimed repertoire of programs includes more than 30 annual programs across the nation. Among these events are the Bands of America Grand National and Regional Marching Band Championships; Music for All National Festival for concert bands, orchestras, percussion ensembles, and – debuting in 2018 – choirs; Music for All Summer Symposium leadership workshops; and Affiliate Regional Music Festivals. Music for All also presents national honor ensembles for students: the Honor Band of America, Honor Orchestra of America, Jazz Band of America and the BOA Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses® Parade.
More than 450,000 teens, family members and enthusiasts attend Music for All programs each year with more than 125,000 teens participating. Many more worldwide access Music for All through award-winning web, print, and digital materials; video productions; and social networking.
Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for an Advancement Intern. The Advancement Intern works under the direction of the Director of Advancement and is an important part of the Music for All team. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Conduct prospect research on potential granting organizations and corporate sponsors.
• Assist with database management and data entry.
• Prepare fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Assist Advancement team with administrative tasks for the department.
• Work with Director of Advancement on special projects and assignments.
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization's business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees may be involved in the planning of events and have some on-site event production duties and responsibilities. Some travel, night and weekend work is required.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team oriented individual who encompasses the below skills:
• Currently enrolled in a college-level degree program.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Experience working with computer applications such as Excel, Word, and donor database programs.
• Demonstrated leadership, organization, interpersonal skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, willingness to embrace our organization, and an interest in supporting the arts community.
• Pursuing a degree in Non-Profit Management, Communications, Writing, English, Journalism, or Marketing (preferred).
• Past experience volunteering for a non-profit organization (preferred).
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter, and salary history by Friday, May 5.