- 15-Apr-2017 to 14-May-2017
- - AYS, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Partnerships is responsible for securing and maintaining school contracts by developing and overseeing a strategic growth and outreach strategy, building and overseeing a client relationship management system across varying levels of the organization and ensuring effective marketing and communications with school and other key partners to help AYS expand and grow its service area.
The Director of Partnerships will work closely with the President and CEO and other key directors and managers to develop and implement short-term and long-term business development plans that build value to school partners, grow strategic partnerships with corporations, schools and other entities, increase revenue opportunities and further enable AYS to fulfill its mission. The position will monitor education and out of school time market trends and will be responsible for increasing visibility of services, creating effective presentations and collateral materials to ensure AYS is at the forefront of consideration among school partner audiences. This position will actively build relationships in the community and ensure staff at all levels of the organization are effectively maintaining strong relationships with school partners to sustain and grow the organization.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develops and oversees annual new business outreach strategy
• Maintains and creates annual partnership reports for existing clients
• Works effectively across teams to direct activities that focus on marketing research and business growth strategies
• Works with Director of Development and Marketing to create promotional materials to support business development efforts
• Identifies and qualifies growth portfolio for AYS school partnerships with public, private, charter and parochial schools
• Researches and builds relationships with existing clients, and establishes relationships with new clients
• Oversees and conduct comprehensive research on Out of School Time needs, prepares proposals and prepares executive staff for key meetings
• Attends networking events and builds relationships with key individuals in education community.
• Meets with a minimum of 6 prospects per month; conducts a minimum of 25 contacts per month with existing or prospective partners
• Assists President and CEO and Director of Program Services in negotiating and closing new contracts and contract renewals
• Provides monthly progress reports to the Executive Team and highlights key areas for discussion and improvement
• Oversees and monitors school and partner relationship management at all levels of the organization; ensures strong working relationships and provides support as needed; Assists team members in representing the organization in the best light
• Develops and maintain a CRM system; ensures that data is accurately entered and managed
• Tracks and records activity on school partner touches; contract status, etc. and ensures sales targets are met
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Identifies and secures strategic partnership opportunities with corporations and other entities; works with internal teams to build and implement successful plans to increase revenue and/or leverage resources to meet a compelling business need
• Leads the Business Development Team and other staff and board committees as assigned.
• Serves on the Executive Team, Management Team and Administrative Team
• Maintains a professional working relationship with internal/external administrative/program staff
• Assists and provides key support with Strategic Planning Process
• Regularly visits program sites to understand programming and operations
• Works cooperatively with all team members
• Performs all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication or business required.
• A minimum of three years of sales experience is required.
• Proven project management experience
• Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
• Out of School Time or Indiana Education market knowledge a plus
• Experience working with databases and reports required
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint) required.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and positive relationships and deal tactfully with all levels of staff within and outside the organization.
• Must have the ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
• Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Incumbent is required to attend meetings on and off site, some occurring before and/or after normal business hours. Some local travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Customer Service/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service. Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; seeks to understand the perspectives of others.
• Collaboration - Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
• Adaptability – Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities; open to change and variety within the workplace; works hard to implement successful change in areas of responsibility; recommends and implements changes to improve processes and customer service.
• Communication – Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others' perspectives; has knowledge of communication techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and educate using electronic media, including but not limited to email, internet, and social media sites.
• Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with CRM programs and systems.
• Strategic Thinking – Ability to think strategically and solve complex problems
• Leadership – exhibits effective leadership skills in priority management, professionalism and empathy
• Must have an eye for detail, completeness and accuracy and error-free work product.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
• Must be proactive, take initiative, and be able to identify tasks to be completed and initiate without prompting
• Valid driver's license required
Click the APPLY button to apply online.