- 15-Apr-2017 to 14-May-2017
- - Indianapolis School of Ballet
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis School of Ballet is seeking a motivated Director of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Artistic Director, this position develops and manages all marketing and communications functions for student enrollment and acquisition, ISB performances and productions, the summer intensive program and fundraising events. Duties include planning, budgeting, advertising, promotion, tracking and reporting results across multiple sales channels.
The mission of Indianapolis School of Ballet is to advance professional ballet and dance education in our community through world-class training and dynamic performances provided in a culturally diverse environment designed for the continual physical, intellectual, emotional, and artistic growth of all dancers.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess competitive environment and introduce innovative processes to stay ahead of changing trends to remain premiere destination for dance instruction.
• Creating, implementing and measuring success of a comprehensive marketing, social media, communications and public relations campaign.
• Enhance ISB's image and position within the marketplace and the general public.
• Plan marketing strategies and implement best practices to maximize income from student enrollment, ticketed performances, the summer intensive program, and fundraising events.
• Implement audience engagement strategies and campaigns to attract and retain patrons.
• Monitor campaigns; analyze sales activities/trends through Google Analytics and Hootsuite and report results.
• Facilitate internal and external communications including publications and media relations.
• Plan media buys and develop marketing and promotional collateral/materials (print, electronic and digital).
• Maintain and update the website through Wordpress.
• Write programmatic and promotional copy for print collateral, website and other channels.
• Develop and manage advertising budgets; track expenditures.
• Plan promotional opportunities for ISB including various arts events, community events and at performances.
• Attend performances to evaluate audience feedback, attendance and demographic while continuing to enhance expertise on ISB's patron engagement.
• Establish and maintain strong business relationships with community partners and media outlets.
• Four-year degree and 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in marketing and communications. Experience in performing arts industry and knowledge of classical ballet are preferred.
• Advertising, direct response marketing, communications and event management experience is preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills are required.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of direct mail, e-mail, mobile, and social marketing strategies and best practices.
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Wordpress, Salesforce email marketing, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Demonstrated ease with using databases and analytical tools/spreadsheets to perform analyses, execute marketing strategies and communicate results.
• Some photography experience preferred.
• Possesses the following traits/skills: flexible, professional, shows initiative, demonstrates leadership and vision, follow- through, strong communication skills, motivating and leading staff, team and consensus building.
CONTENT OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Will have access to confidential programming and marketing plans, organizational financial information, staff and student biographical information.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.