- 15-Apr-2017 to 14-May-2017
- - Purdue Research Foundation
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Purdue Research Foundation, University Development Office has an opening available for a Director of Advancement in the College of Education. The Director of Advancement will be responsible to: develop and execute a plan for the College of Education team to bring donors to the College and the University through the active use of the development process, including solicitation of major gifts; supervise the College's development professional and support staff; secure major gifts, a minimum of $1M annually, aimed at meeting the strategic goals of the unit leadership, their programs, disciplines, and the University; design and implement a comprehensive Advancement program; and serve as a member of the College leadership team.
Requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Three years of experience in fund development including solicitation of major gifts and/or related work experience.
• Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
• Experience managing/supervising professional staff preferred.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Familiarity with the programs of the College of Education preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including the demonstrated ability to communicate well in writing and speaking before large groups.
• Ability to travel and perform weekend duties.
Click the APPLY button to apply online, or send cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
This position is located on the Purdue University campus in West Lafayette, IN. For more information on careers in the Development Office, visit http://purdue.edu/devcareers.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position. Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.