- 20-Apr-2017 to 17-May-2017
- - Indiana Park and Recreation Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indiana Park and Recreation Association (IPRA) is a professional association representing over 1,000 parks and recreation professionals throughout the state. IPRA provides its members with networking & mentoring opportunities; legislative advocacy; news & information; and professional development opportunities via district and section meetings; advocacy events; training events, workshops, online education, and its annual conference.
• Event planning/programming and on-site management.
• Marketing/communication of IPRA events, conferences, workshops, and agendas. Produce IPRA communications (weekly e-newsletter, print magazine three times per year, various print and digital marketing pieces)
• Assistance with recruitment and retention of IPRA members.
• Assisting with board activities (prep for Board Meetings, communication, recording meeting minutes, etc.).
• Collaborating and working with corporate partners to develop future opportunities and secure event sponsorship.
• Research and project implementation.
• Monitoring of budgets and financials, as well as accounts receivable.
• Administrative support (filing, answering phones, organizing mailings, maintaining member database).
• Proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Publisher, Power Point).
• Experience using QuickBooks is a plus.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent knowledge of marketing and customer service.
• Ability to nurture ongoing relationships with corporate partners to ensure solid retention each year
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Editing and proofreading ability.
• Strong computer/technology literacy skills including use of social media/web-site design (training on IPRA website provided).
• Creativity and ability to think strategically.
• Education/experience with membership organizations, non-profit management, marketing, event planning desired.
• Strong financial and problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic with excellent time management skills. Comfortable working independently.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Ability to lift and move objects less than 50 pounds.
• Flexibility for light travel on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.