- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017
- - Prison Fellowship
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Prison Fellowship is the nation's largest outreach to prisoners, former prisoners, and their families. Established on the belief that all people are created in God's image and that no life is beyond His reach - https://www.prisonfellowship.org/
Working from a home office, Prison Fellowship's (PF) Area Director will provide team leadership in designated area to expand awareness, opportunity, and capacity for ministry. Areas may include special territories or up-and-coming programs. Oversee all programs in assigned states and within Field Director's responsibilities. Facilitate and maintain current programs including In Prison, Reentry, and Angel Tree and grow ministry through new opportunities. Build and maintain relationships with local coalitions to address pre-release and post-release needs of prisoners. Supervise Field Directors in area to achieve objectives and work with support staff and others to maintain standardized programs and practices.
We are seeking candidates located in Indianapolis, IN for this role.
• 5 years program management experience, including managing paid or volunteer staff, budgeting, & fundraising. 3+ years' experience building effective teams, networks and coalitions.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-racially, cross-culturally, and cross-denominationally. Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make good decisions.
• Mature Christian in agreement with PF's Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision and Values - https://www.prisonfellowship.org/about/beliefs/statement-of-faith/
• Intermediate computer skills; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office with ability to learn in-house database.
• Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• 60-70% travel – requires valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
• Exhibit skills in project management. Some demonstration of strategic visioning and agility. Subject matter expert in one or more ministry areas. Demonstrates good teamwork and strong ability to develop personal networking relationships. Basic knowledge and application of fundraising, collaboration, humility, perseverance and communication skills; adaptability.
• Satisfactory background and credit check (PF does not discriminate against individuals with a prior criminal history).
Click the APPLY button to apply onilne.
Resumes accepted through May 30, 2017.