- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017
- - Indianapolis Art Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis Art Center is looking for an organized and self-disciplined person to serve as Director of Marketing and Communications. Under the supervision of the President & Executive Director, this position is a senior leadership position responsible for developing and implementing all Art Center communications efforts for internal and external audiences. This position works closely with the Development, Education and Exhibitions programs to spread the word and build community excitement and engagement spurring fundraising, enrollment and attendance efforts. Ultimately, this position is charged to elevate the Art Center's position in the community in support of the mission and its goal to become a household name in Indianapolis.
Essential Job Functions
Plans and executes overall Communication campaign annually to ensure all events and programs meet or exceed targeted attendance and participation rates
• Manages annual paid communications campaign and coordinates production and placement of advertisements.
• Ensures completion of market research as needed. Gathers/monitors/analyzes data and trends to inform communications decisions and reports for funders.
• Works closely with Department Heads and Directors to develop annual marketing budgets. Responsible for controlling expenditures and monitoring the budget.
Maintains and develops Media Relations and Social Media outlets to amplify and positively grow the Art Center's presence in the community and with all our various audiences
• Has well-established and personal relationships with media and maintains them.
• Manages the Art Center's presence on social networking and blog sites.
• Provides talking points and prepares staff members for radio and TV interviews.
Acts as Publications Editor/Content Developer to ensure that all publications, promotions, and media content meet the organization's branding standards and effectively promote the Indianapolis Art Center's mission
• Writes and edits content for use in all Art Center publications, promotional materials, and Website. Ensures that all graphic design of content is consistent with Art Center brand.
• Assists with brand awareness and translating mission and vision to the local community and media.
Additional Job Functions:
Advocates and develops a Community Relations program with clear Project Management objectives that vibrantly connect the Art Center programs synergistically to key groups and businesses
• Coordinates media for the Broad Ripple Art Fair and promotion of the Art Center to fair-goers. Reviews all marketing expenditures and efforts.
• Drive participation and represent the Art Center in an official capacity at community events.
Supervises and leads the communications team to grow in personal skill sets that build their career expertise and expand the effectiveness of all communication and public relations channels
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Social media, knowledge of web applications and photography skills a plus. Individuals must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
Education and experience:
• A combination of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a related field plus 5 years' experience in communications (PR, media relations), planning and budgeting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• At least 3 years supervisory experience.
• A supportive and collaborative environment where you can make a difference in the community
• Passionate colleagues
• Free art classes
• Fun and relaxed working environment
Indianapolis Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.