- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017
- - Indianapolis Art Center
- Indianapoils, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis Art Center is looking for a Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager. This position is responsible for the comprehensive oversight of relationships with potential and current sponsors, corporate donors, and foundations that support and advance the Indianapolis Art Center's mission. Working closely with the Director of Development and the development team, the Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager identifies, researches, cultivates, solicits, and stewards corporate prospects and donors to support the Art Center's programs and operating needs. In addition, this position works with the Director of Development and contracted grant writer to research new foundation prospects, manage a grants calendar, and write grants where appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
Sponsorships and Underwriting
• In consultation with the Director of Development and department heads, creates a comprehensive sponsorship package of recognitions and benefits for each giving level. For major sponsors, works with program leaders to determine potential customized benefits.
• Strategically identifies and researches potential corporate sponsors and donors to support all Art Center activities.
• Actively cultivates, solicits, and maintains relationships with marketing executives and corporate program officers on behalf of the Art Center.
• Administers a calendar of deadlines and ensures timely submission of proposals, acknowledgements, reports and any other information or materials required by sponsors.
• Maintains calendar of sponsorship benefits to ensure that all benefits in the sponsorship package are received. In the event that customized benefits are offered, tracks progress in partnership with appropriate staff.
• Works with marketing department to create materials including sponsorship publications, solicitation materials, letters, proposals, and final reports.
• Assesses value of sponsorships by evaluating audience, tracking visibility/impressions, and evaluating impact. Creates dashboards and sponsorship reports that present the Art Center's unique business value proposition.
• Works with appropriate staff to obtain program details, budgets, and other required information as needed to solicit sponsors.
• Works with Finance Department to ensure that all sponsorship payments are invoiced and paid in a timely manner, and that in-kind contributions are documented.
• Able to express sponsorships as a business value proposition.
Grants and Foundations
• In partnership with appropriate staff, maintains the Art Center's calendar of grant-related deadlines, tracks necessary actions, and coordinates steps with staff as needed.
• Works with grants contractor and Development Department to expand the Art Center's portfolio of current and potential foundations.
• Supports team by writing grant proposals and reports as needed; reviews and edits materials to ensure consistency and quality.
• Maintains records and ensures prompt acknowledgement of grants and grant pledges received.
General Development and Other Job Functions
• Uses donor database to track actions, relationships, and progress toward meeting goals.
• Maintains dashboards of funds raised in grants and corporate sponsorships in order to identify areas of potential need.
• Attends industry-related events and mixers; maintains presence in arts community.
• Collaborates with and assists in planning and execution of departmental and organizational events.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in The Raiser's Edge fundraising database is a plus but is not required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and time-management skills.
• Works well with colleagues and nurtures those relationships.
Education and Experience:
• A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in management, arts administration, visual arts, or nonprofit management plus 2 years of experience in Development.
• Experience in writing grants and/or development copy is preferred.
• Experience working with the corporate marketing sector is also preferred.
• Experience in or affinity for the arts is also preferred.
• A supportive and collaborative environment where you can make a difference in the community
• Passionate colleagues
• Free art classes
• Fun and relaxed working environment
Indianapolis Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.