Executive Assistant and Board Liaison - International Center
- 17-Jul-2017 to 15-Aug-2017
- - International Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Fair and competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Full benefits eligible after introductory period-medical, dental, vision, 401K, parking stipend and generous time off package. Our office building includes a workout facility and cafeteria.
The International Center, a 40+ year old institution that plays a role in elevating Indiana's global profile, is in the process of hiring an important position which is responsible for maintaining the CEO's schedule and coordinating scheduling of key development, board and other meetings. This position is also responsible for providing support for effective maintenance of relationships between The International Center and various key stakeholder groups: the board, government and community leaders, and donors.
The International Center, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1973, serves as a catalyst to inform, convene and connect public, private and civic global objectives in Indiana. Key audiences include large, medium and small corporations; government and civic leaders; educational institutions and organizations; and institutions focused on attracting foreign direct investment to our state.
1. Coordinates and maintains CEO's schedule and appointments.
2. Acts as a liaison to the board; updates board website; prepares materials and takes minutes for board and key committee meetings, as directed
3. Coordinates key development and board appointments and meetings; performs post-meeting follow-up activity
4. Develops and maintains effective relationship with external administrative personnel supporting key individual stakeholders
5. Serves as liaison to the French Consulate in Chicago
6. Assists CEO with data needs utilizing Etapestry database
7. Completes additional administrative projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess computer skills for MS Office with extensive knowledge of Outlook calendar
- E-Tapestry database experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Effective and versatile writing skills
- Understanding and or experience of global business, cultural competency and diplomacy
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Possessing an international background, travel, living overseas or working with global companies a plus
- Additional language proficiency a plus; preference given to French
See full job description here.
Click the APPLY button. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, three references and salary history/expectation with your application