Administrative Assistant - Chaucie’s Place
- 13-Nov-2017 to 12-Dec-2017
- - Chaucie’s Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications
- Full Time
Chaucie's Place works passionately to empower the community to end child sexual abuse and youth suicide by offering evidence-informed, high-quality prevention programs so all children can live free from harm and to their highest potential.
Chaucie's Place is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant responsible for administrative support to prevention and education staff as well as Executive Director. Additionally, this position will be trained to present our prevention programming.
• Prepare professional correspondence, presentations, various other reports & mailings; includes advanced word processing, mail merge projects and manual preparation of documents/packets.
• Distribution of communications to supporters and volunteers.
• Organize, track and maintain various spreadsheets, databases and files from a variety of sources.
• General office duties including answering the telephone, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining office supplies, overseeing building maintenance (organizing handyman and volunteers), scanning and filing documents.
• Professional interaction with board members, staff, supporters, volunteers and other office guests.
• Assist with larger office projects, as needed.
• Assist with agency errands and deliveries, as needed.
• Assist with special events, which could include preparing materials, tracking registrations and auction items, bulk mailings, as well as helping before, during, and after event.
• HR responsibilities including expense reports, background checks, and reporting for these functions.
• Coordination and scheduling of the organization's Training Room.
• Present Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children in area schools approximately one day per week.
• Present other prevention programs in community, as needed.
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 2 years in an Office Manager/Office Administration role.
• Proven experience using advanced functions within Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), as well as donor management software and event/auction management programs.
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels within an organization.
• Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with a cross section of the public, including the donors, community groups, volunteer board and committees and staff.
• Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends during peak periods.
• Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, sit for long periods of time and the use of a desktop computer.
• Experience with HR responsibilities such as expense reports, background checks, other clerical duties and reporting for these functions.
• Experience in Gift Works, Constant Contact, Salesforce, and/or other database programs.
Reporting Structure and Position Status
This is an exempt, full-time position. The average hours per week for this position are 40 and standard working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and references to: Melissa Peregrin, Executive Director - Chaucie's Place.