Director of Development - Chaucie’s Place
- 13-Nov-2017 to 12-Dec-2017
- - Chaucie’s Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications
- Full Time
Chaucie's Place is a 501(c)(3) non-profit youth advocacy organization located in Hamilton County dedicated to the prevention of child sexual abuse and youth suicide by offering high quality, evidence based prevention programs. Those programs are: Smart Steps: A Body Safety Program for Children™, Stewards of Children®, Lifelines® Suicide Prevention Program, and QPR Gatekeeper Training. Sexual abuse and suicide prevention programming for all schools has been mandated by the State of Indiana effective December 2018. We are seeking a dynamic, driven Director of Development to help us meet this demand.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Chaucie's Place fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. A new position within the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
• Must embrace the mission of Chaucie's Place.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor's degree.
• 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
• Coordinate and oversee fund raising special events.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Work closely with Executive Director, Board of Directors, Staff, and Volunteers.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Chaucie's Place with the community.
• Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Attend and oversee fundraising events.
• Perform other related duties as requested
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND STATUS
This is an exempt, full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director. The average hours per week for this position are 40 and standard working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and references to: Melissa Peregrin, Executive Director - Chaucie's Place.