Executive Director - Indiana Recycling Coalition
- 18-Dec-2017 to 24-Jan-2018
- - Indiana Recycling Coalition/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Executive Director, Indiana Recycling Coalition - The Indiana Recycling Coalition is a state-wide organization dedicated to bringing together businesses, trade associations, government entities, academia and individuals to advance waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting in Indiana. With a strong voice at the statehouse, the IRC has advanced policies that have created new green jobs and conserved energy and resources. IRC hosts an annual conference and programs such as the Lend A Bin program and the Student Recycling Leadership Corps scholarship program.
The Indiana Recycling Coalition is seeking a dynamic Executive Director to continue the organization's momentum of working toward a more sustainable Indiana. This individual will passionately promote recycling by addressing state-wide recycling issues, raising funds necessary to accomplish the IRC's mission and building a stronger voice through its partners. This person will serve as a leader and champion for recycling efforts in the state and offer a seasoned voice on policy related issues. A bachelor's degree with significant industry experience in recycling, sustainability or environmental advocacy is desired.
The Executive Director will be a highly effective communicator who will represent the IRC as well as the interests of its members and stakeholders. Relationship based fundraising experience including corporate partnerships, grants and individual donors is required. This with the ability to develop relationship building opportunities with donors and strategies of community engagement. The ED will oversee a staff of 4 people and budget of $320K and provide strategic leadership, a strong collaborative work environment and possess knowledge of budgetary principles and practices.
ATTENTION - When you apply, you will be asked to answer several questions that apply your experience to this role. We suggest you prepare the answers in advance so you can copy and paste them into your application.
1. Corporate sponsors are a key stakeholder; share your experience that would be relevant to securing and supporting corporate sponsorships and grants.
2. Engaging and mobilizing individuals, organizations, and political allies is key to the success of the IRC. Share your experience in promoting a cause or initiative.
3. How would your current staff members describe you as a leader/manager?
4. Briefly share your experience and knowledge of the recycling industry?
5. Tell us about your experience working with a nonprofit board. As the staff leader - how have you effectively engaged your board?
6. Briefly explain your experience in working with operations and finances, including budgets, grants, HR/staffing, etc.
Cick the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.