Event Coordinator - Propylaeum Historic Foundation, Inc.
- 28-Dec-2017 to 17-Jan-2018
- - Propylaeum Historic Foundation, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis Propylaeum, a nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, is currently seeking an experienced full-time Event Coordinator to manage our small and large events. The Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of marketing the venue to outside prospects and managing all events for the organization. The Event Coordinator oversees all aspects of event planning and management, including the organization's events and programs and external events.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include creating and implementing a marketing plan to successfully attract new business to the venue, meeting with clients and/or committee members to plan and work out event details, upkeep and attention to website and social media. The Event Coordinator also creates event proposals and presents proposals to prospective clients.
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining a working relationship with vendors.
• Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
• Creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing plan including sales opportunities to attract new business to the venue.
• Staying under budget while planning event specifications.
• Creating comprehensive and readable budgets and financial reports.
• Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, event set-up, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
• Communicating with marketing committee to create effective advertisements for each event.
• Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
• Effectively communicating proposals, event ideas, and plans to clients, committee members, and vendors.
• Updating and managing website and social media.
Requirements and qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
• Previous event planning experience.
• Ability to work independently.
• MS Office, social media and Word Press proficiency.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.