Communications and Marketing Manager - The Cabaret
- 19-Mar-2018 to 18-Apr-2018
- - Cabaret
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive market-rate salary commensurate with position and experience
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits package (including health and life insurance with optional vision and dental, paid holidays, vacation and PTO time, etc.)
The Communications and Marketing Manager collaborates with key staff members to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies for The Cabaret, promoting a positive public image and advancing donor development efforts. This role works with key staff and volunteers to achieve increased brand consistency and recognition, to coordinate marketing messages, and to set a high standard for external communications, all in support of ongoing operations, programs, and development.
ABOUT THE CABARET
The Cabaret is a professional, 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization and Indiana's only organization dedicated to the art of professional cabaret performance. The mission of The Cabaret is to elevate and promote the cabaret art form by presenting the finest in professional cabaret performances and developing the next generation of cabaret artists. Through the presentation of world-class Broadway, Jazz, and international artists as well as high-quality educational programs, The Cabaret is recognized as a premier national and international cabaret organization.
2018 marks the most exciting chapter yet in the organization's history, as The Cabaret launches its 2018 season in its new home - a world-class venue located at 924 N. Pennsylvania Street in the heart of the evolving Library Square neighborhood in Downtown Indianapolis.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Communications and Marketing
• Has primary responsibility for planning, creating, and managing the organization's communications including; brand message; content creating/writing/editing across multiple channels and formats; public relations tools and narrative, and; communications processes, tracking, and reporting.
• Serves as the staff writer on communications platforms including, but not limited to web content, brochures, eblasts, press releases, social media, and donor materials. Provides counsel and guidance to all staff on communication-related issues.
• Creates and implements an annual marketing plan and promotional calendar that supports the goals of The Cabaret's strategic plan; creates promotional strategies to ensure The Cabaret meets its ticket sales goals, working closely with the Audience Development and Sales Manager.
• Ensures donor and sponsor recognition in all necessary marketing materials, coordinates ad space in season and fundraiser programs, creates donor gifts from sponsored performances, and crafts/sends e-blasts and social media posts.
• Creates and manages all print marketing materials for The Cabaret, including but not limited to bi-annual season programs, posters, postcards, ads, brochures, donor recognition gifts, and menus; manages relationships with printers to ensure printing is accurate, pricing is competitive, and deadlines are met.
• Creates and manages all digital marketing materials, including but not limited to web content, eblast graphics, digital ads, social media graphics, and donor recognition for multi-media screens in theatre.
• Provides support for the educational and outreach work of The Cabaret, including the creation of educational program promotional materials and eblasts; supports the facilitation of master classes by assisting with room setup, relevant Cabaret marketing materials, and sign-in sheets; facilitates the student check-in process, and creates content for master class tips on social media.
• In partnership with the Production Manager, creates and implements a marketing plan, marketing materials, webpage, and advertising as needed to support space rentals.
Public Relations and Social Media
• Increases and maintains public awareness, knowledge and support of The Cabaret through earned and paid media opportunities as well as cross-promotional campaigns with other organizations.
• Creates and maintains The Cabaret's digital communications strategy, driving objectives across web, mobile, and social mediums to deliver a positive customer experience, cultivate current audiences, and build new audiences.
• Maintains all aspects of media relations, including nurturing key media relationships; creating and dispersing press releases; proactively pitching story ideas and looking for unique ways to gain media coverage; updating media contact lists on a quarterly basis; and collecting and organizing all media coverage in a master media log.
• Serves as staff liaison with The Flatland, The Cabaret's advertising agency and branding firm.
• Cultivates and oversees the SophistiTIX young audience outreach program, including creating cultivation strategies and events.
• Conducts photo and video editing when necessary; maintains photo and video archives.
• Attends meetings and other appropriate networking/young professional events relevant to the position.
• Serves as staff liaison/point of contact to Board of Directors Marketing and Audience Development subcommittee.
• Acts as phone backup to Audience Development and Sales Manager to ensure phones are manned during box office hours; assists with taking ticket orders in Vendini; attends internal staff meetings, and maintains a clean reception office that reflects The Cabaret's brand of professionalism and excellence.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field; six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Minimum of three years' experience in marketing and communication.
• Experience using various social media platforms and knowledge of social media engagement strategies.
• Outstanding computer experience required; experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office).
• Experience in web and graphic design highly desirable.
• Prior public relations experience desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Detail oriented with excellent project management skills with the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline pressures.
• Strong ability to analyze data to develop a strategic plan to improve marketing.
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to convey information in a clear, concise way, synthesizing information and presenting it to others.
• Creative thinking and proven systematic organizational skills to work independently without supervision, determine workload priorities to complete work in a timely manner, and identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems using judgment consistent with company's standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
• Personable, with excellent relationship management skills and a good team leader.
• Knowledge of video and photo editing software.
• Knowledge of Web design and management.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
• Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What is your experience in creating a communications and marketing plan?
2. It is two weeks before the show and we still have 50 tickets left to sell. What strategies would you use to help sell those tickets?
3. What experience do you have in crisis communication?
4. What do you perceive to be The Cabaret's brand? What do you like about it? What do you think we should consider changing?
5. What is your expectation on compensation? Do you expect to be paid a bonus? On what criteria would the bonus be based?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.