Executive Director (part-time) - Churches in Mission
- 29-Mar-2018 to 28-Apr-2018
- - Churches in Mission
- Mooresville, IN, USA
- $30,000 - $40,000 depending on experience
- Part Time
- Benefits are not provided for this position.
WHO WE ARE
Churches in Mission exists to provide for those in need in the Morgan county community with the necessities for daily living. To do together more effectively those things we can't do separately and to share our common love of Jesus Christ.
Churches in Mission makes a difference to the nearly 2,000 households it serves in Morgan County each year. With locations in Mooresville and Martinsville, Indiana, this non-profit organization provides food, clothing and financial assistance to those in need. With only three paid staff positions, Churches in Mission relies heavily on donations and volunteer support.
WHAT WE NEED
A part-time self-motivated, energetic Executive Director to work 25-30 hours per week.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are in search of a management leader who is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
We are looking for experience in fundraising, marketing, community outreach, and working with volunteers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the board of directors, the Executive Director will have the overall strategic and operational responsibility for Churches in Mission, including fundraising, donor relations, program management, staff and volunteer engagement, budget management,, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will develop a deep knowledge of core programs, operations, and business plans and build lasting internal and external relationships that lead to the advancement of the mission. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing a $295,000 annual budget.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
• Proven knowledge of financial statements, budgeting process and accounting procedures.
• Solid hands-on, budget management skills, including strategic planning, budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of Churches in Mission's strategic future to participating churches, staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and donors.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector.
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board of Directors members and other volunteers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• Strong public speaking ability.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Graduate of School of Philanthropy or a Bachelor's degree in public administration, social work administration or business is preferred.
Prior experience in non-profit management and supervisory experience or relevant work experience is preferred.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.