Executive Director - Drug & Alcohol Consortium of Allen County
- 10-May-2018 to 30-May-2018
- - Drug & Alcohol Consortium of Allen County/Charitable Advisors
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Generous vacation, schedule flexibility
Are you excited about building a better Fort Wayne? Are you a committed collaborator who enjoys making connections and marshaling resources for the good of the community? This could be the perfect opportunity for you. DAC oversees and energizes a broad-based network of community leaders'from the educational, law enforcement, business, healthcare, government and justice sectors'who are focused on reducing the impacts of drug and alcohol use and abuse in Allen County through both prevention and intervention strategies. The Executive Director is a difference-maker who leads a small team delivering big impact. In addition to being the public face of the organization, the Executive Director functions as a catalyst and community architect, moving Allen County toward a more positive future and advocating for the community on a regional and state level.
The ideal candidate will be a coalition builder and facilitator, adept at connecting with a variety of audiences and bringing together people with different viewpoints to achieve common goals. He or she must be a confident business manager, able to oversee DAC finances, planning and personnel matters, but also not afraid to dig in and tackle the day-to-day work of the organization. The Executive Director must also be a top-notch networker and compelling communicator, comfortable in front of audiences or in one-on-one meetings, who effectively articulates DAC's important mission. Expertise in drug and alcohol issues is not a requirement, but a passion for learning about those issues and putting best practices to work is.
This position requires a bachelor's degree and five years' leadership or management experience; a master's degree is preferred. Nonprofit or association management experience is a plus. Competitive salary plus generous vacation and flexible work schedule.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Why would this opportunity be a good fit for you?
2) Briefly describe a recent experience in which you led and facilitated a group effort to successfully complete a challenging task.
3) Briefly list three strategies that you have employed to elevate the public profile of a nonprofit organization or for-profit business that also might be useful to DAC of Allen County.
4) Describe your experience managing a small organization (or part of a larger organization), including staff supervision, finance/budgeting, insurance, facilities management and other issues.
5) Have you ever had experience working with, or serving on, a nonprofit board of directors? If so, describe how you contributed to their efforts.
Click the APPLY button to submit a detailed cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.