Business Operations Assistant (Part Time) - Indianapolis Urban League
- 13-Jul-2018 to 11-Aug-2018
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Responsible for accomplishing the Agency's accounts payable, accounts receivables, assisting in other accounting activities and business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Verifies, allocates, and post details of business transaction to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
• Verifies and post detail of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts.
• Post transactions to accounting records such as worksheets, ledger or computer files.
• Computes and records charges, refunds, rentals, and similar items.
• Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
• Reconciles bank statements.
• Processes payments for invoices that are due to vendors.
• Research problem invoices and purchase orders.
• Distributes and mails checks accordingly.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist with business operations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires skill in operating computer equipment and general office machines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two-year Associate Degree in accounting or related area from an accredited college or university, or a graduate of a licensed business college. Requires data entry and bookkeeping/clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with Word and Excel software.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, commons fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal and resolve problems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Indiana Driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is principally sedentary, but may involve some physical exertion, such as kneeling, crouching, or lifting to obtain files and records, and eye strain from working extensively with computers and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com