Conventions Specialist - Kiwanis International
- 31-Aug-2018 to 30-Sep-2018
- - Kiwanis International
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k), educational reimbursement and much more!
Responsible for logistics coordination of one or more of the organization's conventions including convention management functions such as bid review, site surveys, vendor coordination and on-site logistics management. This position provides support to the Director of Conventions and Meetings including budget preparation, report review, contract processing and other duties.
• Bachelor's degree in meeting planning, Hotel and Restaurant management or other related field or equivalent degree.
• 3-5 years meeting/convention planning experience in a decision-making role
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating hotel, facility, and vendor contracts
• Excellent customer service/concierge skills
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• Efficient multi-tasking abilities
• Experience working with volunteers at all levels
• Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
• Strong communication and support abilities
• Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Office 365 including the utilization of calendar and management tools as well as being Internet proficient.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with little supervision.
• Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
• Certified Meeting Professional a plus
• Kiwanis Family or service club experience a plus
• Multilingual a plus
Click the APPLY button to view full job description, and apply on-line.
No phone calls.
Principals only. EOE.