President - Indiana Fiscal Policy Institute (IFPI)
- 11-Sep-2018 to 22-Oct-2018
- - Indiana Fiscal Policy Inst/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Imagine having a job where you can positively impact the future of Indiana; where you can work on issues that matter to people and businesses all over the state; and where you can hold a visible role leading a highly respected organization. Imagine no more - that opportunity is available.
The Indiana Fiscal Policy Institute (IFPI) is seeking a new President to help the organization expand its role as the leading independent voice regarding state and municipal taxation and spending. For more than three decades IFPI has been the go-to source for reliable research on fiscal policy questions. When government entities have proposed spending Hoosier dollars, IFPI has been there to assess the value of the investment and provide expert analysis'in easy-to-understand language'that citizens and legislators alike have used to help them make sound decisions.
The next President will be an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter focused on running IFPI's day-to-day operations, growing membership, increasing the long-term financial sustainability of the mission and delivering quality research by confidently managing a contracted network of fiscal policy experts. This leader does not need to have policy analysis experience, although it would be an advantage. The ideal candidate will have a passion for government affairs, policy and tax issues; strong written and verbal communication skills; and a commitment to in-depth analysis and accuracy. He or she should have experience in business, project and contractor management and a good understanding of how state and municipal governments operate.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree and at least five years' business or project management experience. Experience in nonprofit management, state or local government and managing contractors are all highly desirable. Partisan political experience is allowed but the next President must be prepared to disengage from politics and assume an independent stance on policy.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Why would this position be a good fit for you?
2. Share some of your experiences in government and/or engagement on policy issues that have prepared you for this role.
3. Have you ever managed contract employees? If yes, briefly explain the context. What were the keys to keeping them happy, productive and delivering their work in a timely manner?
4. Have you ever worked with or as a part of a nonprofit board of directors? What factors ensure a productive relationship between the board and Executive Director?
5. What experiences have you had fundraising or selling memberships or sponsorships? What techniques have you used to gain support from potential funders who would benefit from their investment but are hesitant to spend the money?
6. Have you ever worked with the media as the spokesperson for an organization? If yes, briefly describe your experiences writing and/or speaking in such a role.
Click the APPLY button to answer screening questions and upload a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com