Development Manager - Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc.
- 18-Oct-2018 to 17-Nov-2018
- - Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc.
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc. (PBS39) is a mission-driven, award-winning organization serving an audience of more than 800,000 viewers across northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio. PBS39 is community licensed and community supported, broadcasting 24 hours a day on four channels and engaging our regional community through content and collaborations that educate, inform, inspire, and entertain.
The Development Manager directs all PBS39 philanthropic activities and provides leadership to a department responsible for the achievement of annual revenue and donor service goals.
This position creates and implements strategies that cultivate relationships and encourage major gifts, planned giving, and foundation grants in support of the station's present and future public service. S/he is also responsible for the department's ongoing membership and donation programs, such as PBS39's Explorer Club, which connects the department with the station's education outreach coordinator position. The Development Manager's team also includes the Director of Individual Giving, the Development Coordinator and a Development Assistant.
The successful candidate brings high-level management skills, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit to the task of raising funds for PBS39, and fosters a culture of philanthropy by maintaining and expanding the relationships between donors and the station. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written presentation abilities, team building, and overall management talent. The position reports to the General Manager and works with PBS39's Board of Directors and the station's community partners.
• Manage all activities, staff and resources of PBS39's development department.
• Establish annual budget goals in consultation with management and develop department strategies to reach them.
• Personally initiate, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with significant prospects and donors, and drive major gift activity.
• Write foundation grants and prepare individual proposals.
• Identify and implement processes that develop donor participation and appreciation that provide opportunities for furthering a closer donor relationship with the station.
• Identify and advance community engagement activities and special events that strategically promote the organization among existing and potential donors.
• Serve as a member of the station's management team and as an ambassador for PBS39 in the community.
• Establish and manage the development department's budget and resources and accurately analyze and report key metrics for revenue and support indicators.
• Ensure that all fund development and related activities are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements established for public television stations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• A minimum of five years as an accomplished development executive with a proven track record of setting and achieving fundraising goals.
• Demonstrated success in directing annual giving, major gifts programs, planned giving, and capital campaigns.
• Knowledge and competency in use of membership management database systems; Allegiance software experience a plus.
• Proven leadership experience of a department/team; public media experience is helpful.
• Proven skills in budgeting, revenue forecasting and business plan development.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan strategically, set goals and objectives, organize and follow-through with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Must be innovative, optimistic and possess the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously; tasks must be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• A strong client service outlook and the ability to represent PBS39 with the highest degree of professionalism.
• Bachelor's degree required.
WFWA (PBS39) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Candidates of interest will be contacted. Compensation will be determined by a number of factors including demonstrated fundraising experience, industry experience, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To learn more about Fort Wayne Public Television please visit http://wfwa.org/
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com