Unit Director, Fresh Start Recovery Center - Volunteers of America of Ohio & Indiana
- 19-Oct-2018 to 18-Nov-2018
- - Volunteers of America of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $54,000 to $58,000/ year
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team at Volunteers of America of Ohio & Indiana (VOAOHIN). The Unit Director will serve as an integral part of VOAIN's effort to innovatively respond to Indiana's addiction crisis.
The Fresh Start Recovery Center is a one-of-a-kind, family-centered, residential treatment program for mothers struggling with addiction. This program strives to maintain the bond between mother and child by allowing mothers to have their children live with them during their stay in the treatment program.
While in treatment, mothers and families will experience a holistic continuum of care. This continuum includes group and individual counseling, case management, real-time parenting coaching and life skills development.
The Unit Director is responsible for overseeing operations of The Fresh Start Recovery Center. This position will be responsible for assuring that the quality of clinical and residential services are maintained through supervision program staff. Responsibilities also include maintaining accurate clinical records to meet agency, DCS, CARF, DMHA, and billing standards.
Volunteers of America of Indiana is one of 35 affiliates of Volunteers of America which was established in 1896. At Volunteers of America, we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are comprised of nearly 16,000 paid, professional employees dedicated to helping those in need rebuild their lives and reach their full potential nation-wide. For over 115 years, we have taken on the most difficult tasks to help the most underserved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate in a trauma-informed and client-centered manner
• Oversee development and operations of the Fresh Start Recovery Center
• Proficiency in addictions, trauma, and family issues
• Working Knowledge of the Department of Child Services System
• Serve as outreach and service coordinator between Volunteers of America and Department of Child Services
• Develop and maintain relationships with community referral sources, such as courts, judges, and Department of Child Services staff
• Create annual training plan for all staff
• Work with staff responsible for scheduling to ensure open beds are filled in a timely manner
• Maintain accurate clinical records to meet agency, DCS, CARF, DMHA, and billing standards
• Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained at time of hire and on an ongoing basis
• Work with Supervisors, Therapists, Case Managers, and Lead Recovery Specialists to assist direct care staff in planning and facilitating daily activity, educational, life skills, trauma, and cognitive-behavioral groups as needed
• Facilitate groups, individual, and family therapy as needed
• Assist staff in facilitating safety planning and behavioral modification for residents with health and safety concerns
• Collaborate with VOAIN leadership and program staff to determine appropriate course of action to discharge a client who has violated facility rules
• Provide on-call crisis support for staff as needs arise
• Provide ongoing supervision and training for clinicians, case management, and direct services personnel
• Ensure that records are accurate and meet program requirements
• Ensure that policies and procedures are up to date and functional
• Enforce all applicable VOA rules and regulations
• Develop resources and partnerships in the community with other service providers;
• Perform other duties as assigned
This position requires a Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related human services field and 2 years of experience in program supervision. LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT licensure or plan to obtain licensure required. The position requires the ability to supervise program staff, make site visits, conduct individual and group interventions, maintain programming, assess needs, make referrals, develop resources, maintain good records, and must have a valid driver's license.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com