Staff Accountant (Part-time) - Agape Therapeutic Riding Resources
- 22-Oct-2018 to 09-Nov-2018
- - Agape' Therapeutic Riding Resources, Inc.
- Cicero, IN, USA
- Part Time
We're looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. The ability to see the big picture but passionate about the nitty gritty details it takes to get there is essential.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We're motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We're looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. The ability to see the big picture but passionate about the nitty gritty details it takes to get there is essential. We need a highly self-directed, outcomes-oriented, team builder and leader (that's a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape's mission and vision.
Essential Accounting Responsibilities Include
• Provide historical reference by following procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Keep Agape management and leadership teams, as well as the Board of Directors informed by reviewing and analyzing financial results; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Achieve financial objectives with the CEO by assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Oversee the daily adherence to, as well as development and implementation of, Agape's Finance Policies & Procedures which are reviewed and approved annually by the Board of Directors
• Oversee and lead the tasks and communications for annual audits or reviews
• Prepare required tax reporting
• Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries.
• Reconcile accounts as part of the month end close process, including balance sheet accounts, monthly accrual schedule, bank statements and online accounts.
• Prepare Biweekly payroll for review and submit upon CEO's approval
• Record, track and release accurately restricted funds and pledges
• Responsible for all fixed asset accounting, tracking, documentation of additions and disposals in accordance with policies and procedures
• Create monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee, as well as internal department leadership
• Manage Accounts Payable records including reconciliation of credit card expense statements, obtaining proper expense approvals, timely payment of invoices and reconciliation to general ledger.
• Manage Accounts Receivable records including timely billing for services and pledge donations, performing collection process when needed, reconciliation to general ledger, and recommendation of bad debt write-offs.
• Responsible for bank deposits
• Maintain accurate electronic records of financial transactions
• Maintain Donor Management System (Bloomerang) and reconcile with Quickbooks
• Manage merchandise sales at Agape events
• Perform other duties as assigned or required
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
• 2-3 years of accounting experience
• Experience in nonprofit accounting preferred.
• Strong understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Proficiency with technology, including working knowledge of Quickbooks, Salesforce, Google Drive and Donor Management Systems.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Nov 9.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com