President - Tipton County Community Foundation (TCCF)
- 22-Oct-2018 to 27-Nov-2018
- - Tipton County Community Fdn/Charitable Advisors
- Tipton, IN, USA
- Competitive compensation will be based on qualifications and health insurance needs, could be in the $80K+ range.
- Full Time
Exciting things are happening in Tipton County and you can play a big part in building and sustaining our wonderful rural communities. Tipton County is uniquely positioned on the growing US-31 corridor between two thriving population centers - Kokomo and the northern Indianapolis suburbs. Tipton County has a growing manufacturing base and the foundation has established strong working relationships with our two rural school systems.
Since our founding in 1986, the Tipton County Community Foundation (TCCF) has been a faithful steward and effective conduit of charitable giving in Tipton County. The TCCF works with donors to create funds that reflect donors' charitable goals. The principal of a fund is not utilized, but portions of the earnings return to the community through grants and scholarships. In fact, despite Tipton County's small population, at $41 mil, the foundation's asset base is in the top third of community foundations across the state of Indiana. These generous donors, past and present, have enabled the foundation to provide millions of dollars in financial support across all sectors of our communities, including social services, youth, senior citizens, education, recreation, arts, culture, animal welfare, and community development. Looking ahead, the TCCF is committed to raising our visibility and engagement with the community while serving as a catalyst for positive change.
The board of TCCF is seeking a community and people-oriented leader to take the work of the foundation to the next level. The President should be familiar with charitable giving and nonprofit organizations and able to quickly establish themselves in the small communities across Tipton County. This is a heavy relationship-building and connecting role with 50% of the leader's time devoted to building relationships with community leaders. The President should be able to set priorities, build and supervise a staff team of three, establish a fund development plan and implement it in partnership with an engaged board of directors.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with fund raising, financial management, grant administration and experience working in collaboration with community partners. Experience in fund development or sales is important. Experience working in smaller and rural communities. The President should have a bachelor's degree in a related field, but substantial experience may be substituted. Must be willing to become heavily involved with people and organizations across our county, so a current or future resident of Tipton County is preferred but will consider residents of neighboring counties.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Why would leading Tipton County Community Foundation (TCCF) be a great match for you? Which of your work and community experiences do you see as applicable to this role?
2) Tell us about your experience and success in building and maintaining relationships with prospective donors, customers, or clients.
3) Provide an example of how you have taken a leadership role to bring people, organizations, and/or resources together to make a difference for your clients, organization, or community.
4) Based on either your personal knowledge of the Tipton County area or your research, what do you see as some of the greatest opportunities or needs in our communities?
5) Share your experience running the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization or small business. (e.g. financial management, human resources/staff, programs)
6) Briefly share your experience working with a nonprofit board. What were the highlights?
For more information about TCCF, www.TiptonCF.org
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com