Development Manager - International School of Indiana
- 05-Nov-2018 to 04-Dec-2018
- - International School of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The International School of Indiana is a private school with approximately 600 students from Pre-School (age 3) thru 12th grade. The Development Manager, in partnership with the Vice President for Development and External Relations, Head of School and the Board of Directors, is responsible for managing and executing the overall fund development vision and strategy to provide for the current and future needs of the International School of Indiana The Development Manager will have contact with all levels of school administration and faculty which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
• Responsible for managing and executing the overall fund development strategy including the following core initiatives: Annual Fund, recognized student and parent group fundraising, Grants, Events, Major/Capital Gifts, and Planned/Endowment Gifts.
• Responsible and accountable for helping to meet the annual fundraising financial target goals, including the monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) associated with these goals.
• Responsible for managing donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition activities, including key prospect list, submitting detailed monthly activity reports and specific moves management strategies and progress updates. This includes the creation of annual donor recognition materials and the enforcement of policy and protocol.
• Maintain records of all past and current donor activity. Oversee stewardship effort including preparing acknowledgements of giving, thank you notes, and tax documentation.
• Responsible for grant cultivation and the oversight of grant prospecting, writing and reporting.
• Responsible for the development of an Alumni Relations Program, for purposes of increasing enrollment, fundraising participation, and board development. This would include working with faculty, staff, alumni and outside counsel to develop related policies and procedures, program events, marketing and educational materials.
• Responsible for identifying, soliciting and stewarding corporate partners.
• Acts as a staff liaison to the board's Development and Campaign committees, and other volunteer groups as assigned.
• Specific to campaign support and volunteer leadership roles, consistently seeks to build relationships with board and staff members, volunteers, community partners and donors. Develops systems to encourage board involvement in annual fund solicitation, personal giving and donor recognition. Is expected to attend ISI events and be active in relevant community initiatives.
• Is expected to develop healthy and productive relationships with all internal stakeholders and departments. Should look towards creating more effective and efficient system sharing of information, case successes and financial/outcome data. Is responsible, along with the leadership, to advance and grow an internal culture and commitment to philanthropy.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3-5 years demonstrated fund development and marketing/communications experience required
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized, creative and a self-starter
• Computer literate; knowledgeable of donor software system and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must possess skills necessary to efficiently plan and implement activities within policies and procedures; maintain positive working relationship; respect rights of others; demonstrate initiative and accept accountability; effectively manage time and communicate and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
• Should be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours as necessary.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com