Staff Attorney - ACLU of Indiana
- 08-Nov-2018 to 07-Dec-2018
- - ACLU of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is in the approximate range of $50,000-$70,000, depending upon experience.
- Full Time
- Excellent benefits include generous paid vacation at time of hire; 13 office holidays; medical and dental insurance; life and long-term disability insurance; and 401(k) plan with employer match. Direct exposure to cutting-edge civil liberties and civil rights work.
The American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Indiana (ACLU-IN) invites applications for a staff attorney. Attorney will work with an experienced team of lawyers in the ACLU of Indiana's Indianapolis headquarters.
The ACLU is a nationwide, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with more than 1.4 million members dedicated to the principles of liberty and equality embodied in the United States Constitution. The ACLU of Indiana is a leader in litigation and advocacy to defend and advance the rights and liberties of all.
The staff attorney will work on both community education and a broad range of cases addressing the rights of persons. The attorney will litigate in trial and appellate courts, both state and federal, including writing and reviewing briefs, motion papers, and affidavits, preparing witnesses, and taking and defending depositions. The staff attorney also will provide assistance and advice to senior staff attorneys in the ACLU of Indiana, private attorneys, and others who seek assistance. In addition, the staff attorney will research and draft materials for public education, engage in public speaking, and respond to press inquiries. The staff attorney also may be responsible for supervising student interns and support staff. Some travel is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to public interest law;
• Self-motivated with strong writing and oral advocacy skills;
• Capable of complex legal analytical work; excellent legal research skill essential; experience conducting factual research and interviewing witnesses beneficial
• 2-4 years of legal experience preferred
• Knowledge of and interest in constitutional law and civil rights issues
For further information, see aclu-in.org.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, two letters of recommendation, law school transcript, and two writing samples, at least one of which should be a legal research memo or brief. Or mail to: Staff Attorney Search, ACLU of Indiana, 1031 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46202.
Applications are accepted until position is filled.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com