Executive Director - Benton Community Foundation
- 09-Nov-2018 to 08-Dec-2018
- - Benton Community Foundation
- Fowler, IN, USA
- $35,000 - $50,000 year depending on experience and qualifications
- Part time - OR - Full time
- Full- or part-time position with retirement and vacation benefits
Benton County has a rich tradition of Farming and is well known as a hard-working community. Our county is over 90 percent agriculture and we are one of Indiana's top ag communities due to our high-yielding soil.
Benton Community Foundation ("BCF") invites applications for the position of Executive Director ("ED"). We are seeking a highly-motivated, innovative, & ambitious leader who is passionate about Benton County.
This position will:
• Oversee all aspects of BCF including the day-to-day operations of BCF, with special attention to effective and efficient operations, accountability, fundraising, marketing, & community outreach
• Supervise BCF staff, assist in the administration of BCF staff benefits, maintain personnel records, and process payroll, taxes, & reporting
• Coordinate and work with the Board of Directors ("Board") to secure sustainable funding for current program, grant making, and operational needs
• Build relationships with professional advisors to ensure their awareness of BCF and our role in charitable giving and estate planning
• Seek long-term growth of BCF's endowment through the stewardship of existing donors and cultivation of new prospects
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant development and trends in the fields of philanthropy and community foundations
• Network on behalf of BCF, establish sound working relationships and cooperative agreements with community groups and organizations, and develop new areas/opportunities for programs of unusual promise for BCF, including but not limited to the creation and implementation of a strategic plan and conducting public policy research related to community issues, potential projects, & future grant action
• Oversee and execute BCF grant making and seek outside grant opportunities and oversee administration of received funds, when applicable, including, but not limited to collaborating with local, state, and national funders to increase the capacity of local programs
• Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the Foundation's work
• Oversee BCF scholarship and grant programs, including but not limited to managing all aspects of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program
• Collaborate with Promise Coordinator to oversee all financial aspects of the Promise, including: enrollment tracking, payment of enrollment incentives, processing purchases, and administration of Promise scholarship funds.
• Develop and oversee BCF budget and financial reports, communication of financial reports and information to the Board, Finance Committee, donors, etc., and oversee all accounting systems for BCF, including but not limited to balancing and maintaining all bank, electronic, and investment accounts and maintaining, reviewing, & analyzing all general ledger information
• Oversee staff accounting practices for efficiency, accuracy, and adequate internal controls for the protection of Foundation assets and authorize all financial transactions of BCF
• Maintain all critical corporate documents and ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and prepare all filings reportable to local, state and federal governmental and regulatory agencies including compliance with the applicable statutes, laws and regulations of such entities
• Facilitate and supervise annual audit as well as provide all necessary information
• Report directly to the Board, provide opportunities for Board leadership development, attend monthly meetings of the Board, and assist the Board in all its functions including orientation, recruiting, communications, development, and committee work
• Serve on boards and committees of local, regional, national level associations involved with philanthropic practices
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of experience in supervising employees
• Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
• Ability to establish and maintain effective team-oriented work relationships
• Must be detail oriented and have strong technical and interpersonal skills
• Must understand basic accounting
• Ability to interpret oral and written regulations, procedures, and instructions
• Demonstrable experience in fundraising through direct interactions with donors and/or grant writing or other proven fundraising skills
• Understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
• Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
• An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
• Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
• A passion for Benton County
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Grant writing experience
• Strong public speaking ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prior experience working for a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization and/or for a community foundation
A check of criminal conviction records and motor vehicle records (MVR) will be made for employment in this position.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, or mail to: Benton Community Foundation, Attn: Casey Holscher, 98 S 100 E, Fowler, IN 47944.
Benton Community Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that just celebrated 20 years of business. BCF helps serve Benton County in a variety of ways through awarding grants and scholarships, as well as economic development.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com