Development Manager - March of Dimes
- 12-Nov-2018 to 11-Dec-2018
- - March of Dimes
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We're advocating for policies to protect them. We're working to radically improve the health care they receive. We're pioneering research to find solutions. We're empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we're building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment, development, cultivation, and activation, leading assigned fundraising events, and meeting fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market. Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development and volunteer leadership development.
• Increase overall market revenue by implementing core tactics for fundraising events, resulting in aggressive and sustainable year over year growth.
• Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
• Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction to prospective constituents.
• Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or constituents.
• Research prospects' needs, concerns and objectives in order to create effective sponsorship proposals. In partnership with the Senior Development Manager or Executive Director of Market Development, take a lead role on significant sponsorship asks in the market. Drive all sponsors in the market to activate their sponsorship aggressively.
• Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles. Create plans to gain access to volunteer leadership prospects and candidates. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals, outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of critical revenue generation goals.
• Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
• Make periodic visits, explore specific needs, and resolve problems in order to build and maintain constituent relationships.
• Coach and guide volunteers in the execution of the event and achievement of expected outcomes.
• Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
• Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission related results.
• Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
• Represent the March of Dimes as an official spokesperson and provides a high degree of expertise within his/her area and in broad and organizational areas to internal and external contacts. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
• Decisions, or decisions this position leads in making, have significant impact on fundraising success of the market.
• Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positons
• Education: Bachelor's degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience
• Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by subway, bus, car and/or plane to meetings and training.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com