Director - Children's Bureau, Inc.
- 16-Nov-2018 to 15-Dec-2018
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Terre Haute, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- benefits package as well as flex scheduling
Director Career Opportunity Where You Can Strategically Make a Difference
Do you have a heart for abused and neglected children, and a passion for helping strengthen families? Are you a goal-oriented leader who is known for "planning the work and working the plan?" Are you known for your ability to execute and drive change?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading because we may have the perfect role for you as Director. At Children's Bureau, our Vision is to develop a healthy family for every child, every day. If we are going to realize that Vision for the future, we need sharp, driven leaders who can take us there. If you think you may be up to the challenge of delivering on our mission to preserve and protect the future of Indiana's children, then, read on to learn more about our Director position.
As our successful Director you would provide program leadership and oversight to a team of Case Managers to ensure positive client outcomes and effective fiscal performance. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
Leadership / Management (55 %)
• Provide the overall strategy and goals for the Program
• Ensure grantor / customer satisfaction
• Ensure staff are meeting work product expectations
• Hire, develop, hold accountable and if necessary, terminate Program staff
• Mentor and coach staff through training, inspiration, motivation and encouragement
• Hold staff accountable to service standards and ensure the processes and procedures are followed according to program standards
• Oversee vendors to ensure client information, and inquiries are managed in accordance with DCS goals and outcomes
• Respond to crisis calls from program staff
• Work within the structure of DCS Region and broker community
Relationship Development (25 %)
• Build and maintain a strong network of relationships– DCS, foster parents, mental health agencies, schools and community agencies
• Regularly collaborate and communicate to maintain and establish a strong referral network
• Deliver educational presentations throughout the community to support recruitment
• Proactively market and sell the program through one-on-one interactions
Financials (10 %)
• Responsible for billing, budgets and contractual relationships within the program
Reporting (10 %)
• Compile and analyze the data for recruitment and retention goals and outcomes
• Maintain case and agency paperwork according to standards
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A Bachelor's degree in a directly related human service field with five years' experience (Master's degree in social work is preferred)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• A valid driver's license and proof of insurance
• First aid and CPR required, but can be obtained upon hire
• Expert technology skills with mastery of entire Microsoft Suite including Internet and email
• Clear, effective communications skills
• Knowledge of and adherence to current confidentiality practices
• Appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences
In terms of prior work experience, we prefer that you have worked in the field of adoption and/or child welfare.
Our ideal Director would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
• Strategic visioning, planning and results-orientation
• Personal accountability to pursue high standards focusing on meaningful outcomes to drive and implement necessary changes.
• Creation and maintenance of systems for talent management, fiscal accountability and relationship building
• Organizational discipline and execution
• Ability to quickly reprioritize tasks and address emergent situations
The Children's Bureaus is a well-established non-profit working on behalf of abused and neglected children and families in Indiana. Through our programs, we act as an advocate for all children and families, focusing on those that are at-risk. Currently, we provide child and family social services in 47 counties throughout Indiana to more than 43,000 children annually.
Joining the Children's Bureau means more than getting a job. It's a career move. We empower our Directors to lead and champion change within the organization in order to positively impact the lives of our clients.
Click the APPLY button to apply online.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com