Executive Director - Morgan County Substance Abuse Council (MCSAC)
- 03-Dec-2018 to 21-Dec-2018
- - Morgan County Substance Abuse Council, Inc.
- Martinsville, IN, USA
- $36,000.00-$41,000.00 based on education and experience
- Full Time
The Morgan County Substance Abuse Council is seeking an executive director to provide leadership and coordination for county-wide prevention, treatment and law enforcement efforts aimed at reducing the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. B.A. and/or significant experience in prevention science required; also excellent analytical and communication skills, program evaluation, and familiarity with prevention practices, health sciences, and fiscal management skills. Must be familiar with Morgan County communities, agencies, schools, and resources.
The Morgan County Substance Abuse Council, MCSAC, has been a leader in the efforts to combat substance abuse in Morgan County for over 20 years. The Executive Director should be committed to this mission. MCSAC also functions as the Local Coordinating Council for the Governor's Commission for a Drug Free Indiana. The director is responsible for administering and coordinating the policies, programs and activities established and funded by this statute and its other funding agencies. The Director is responsible for grant writing and fidelity reporting, budgeting, data collection and disaggregation, coalition development and enhancement and nurturing professional relationships. The director of MCSAC is an administrative and leadership role that should be actively participating in the community, as well as, educating and empowering its members to address this issue.
• Overall operation and management of the organization
• Establish organizational metrics and goals, identify strategies and objectives to achieve those targets
• Secure and sustain funding through grant writing, grant monitoring and grant reporting
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with public leaders and government officials
• Build and sustain partnerships with local law enforcement, school personnel, and business leaders
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for private, local, state, and federal agencies
• Oversee after school prevention programs, social norming campaign, and community education.
• Plan, implement, and administer the daily activities required to build financial and human capacity to reduce the incidents of substance abuse in Morgan County.
• Provide training and education on substance abuse prevention
• Participate in community activities and complimentary coalitions
• All other duties as necessary to maintain and promote the mission of the Morgan County Substance Abuse Council and those assigned by the MCSAC Board.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work independently, manage workload, and make sound decisions with minimal supervision
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience developing and delivering quality presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks and ability to work with data management software
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills; ability to build consensus
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Ability to adjust personal schedule to satisfy work plans and meet deadlines
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in public health, education, social work or related area
• Knowledge of substance abuse prevention science
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary is contingent upon the availability of grant funds awarded to MCSAC
• Annual salary of $36,000.00-$41,000.00 based on education and experience
• Salary is paid biweekly (Detailed time sheet due one week before each scheduled pay date)
• Payroll and income taxes will be withheld at standard rates.
• Typical workdays are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM. Evening and weekend responsibilities are required, but are minimal.
Click on the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com