Housing Associate - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 17-Dec-2018 to 15-Jan-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Housing Associate will support refugees through providing them with welcoming, safe, and comfortable homes upon their arrival in the United States. Responsibilities include the setup of apartments, delivery of food and furnishings, assessing the quality and safety of client housing, and providing oversight for procurement, storage, and delivery of donations.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
• Organize and pick up donation according to the determined client-housing needs.
• Rent, drive, and return box truck for set ups and donation pick-ups.
• Maintain storage area in a clean organized fashion.
• Provide clean, safe, and sanitary items for all household.
• Place all necessary items as outlined in the cooperative agreement in client homes prior to arrival comply with the Cooperative Agreement housing requirements and Indiana housing laws.
• Assist with setting up utility accounts and helping to transfer accounts into clients' names.
• Provide adequate and culturally appropriate food for new arrivals.
• Set up apartments for newly arriving refugees.
• Submit expense documentation in a timely manner and account for agency expenses in client casenotes and casefiles.
• Contact local and national industries to inquire about donations and search sales, second hand and consignment stores for reasonably priced furnishing
• Coordinate with R&P staff to accommodate special housing needs and last minute delays.
• Communicate with persons designated for airport pick-ups about the housing circumstances arranged for the individual or family.
• Procure all items needed for making clients homes comfortable, safe, and welcoming.
• Must have an associate's degree or equivalent experience.
• Preferably have a minimum of two years of experience in social services or a housing related program.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
• Must be comfortable in intercultural environments.
• Must possess strong record-keeping skills.
• Must be able to lift heavy furniture.
• PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility and commitment to refugees.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com